starter button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter button

I need a slick fix for the starter button on my 78 xs 1100, I lost the button one day, so I went to radio shack got one of those small buttons, It worked for about a month, then the next one for six months. Can someone help me with original parts or a good alternative?

New starter buttons are still available. Check out this thread , then order one from Mike's XS
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Hey there Metalman,

Oops, looks like Ken snuck in while I was researching, essentially same info as in the above thread!

I did a search(hint) and here's what I found. HTH
      T.C.
      Hmmm......possible tech tip here!?

PartsnMoreOnline.com offered them for a long time. New spring and plastic button. Here's the link. $6. States fits KZ, but apparently for Yams also!

Partsnmore button

For Fork Braces, horn and starter buttons try:
      TKat
      549 Rockport Drive
      Sunnyvale, CA

His email is Tkat's Email tkat@tkat.com. His website is www.tkat.com
      IF you need a starter button. Go to MIKE'S XS. He has new starter buttons. The XS1100 uses the same button as the XS650.

MIKE'S XS has the correct starter/horn button assy if any one is interested. PN is 24-6525 price is $6.00 ph#352-540-9204 In my experience Mike ships PRIORITY MAIL the same day I call my order in.

I have researched the horn button thing a bit now and have come up with a Honda alternative.

Model: 1977 Honda 750
      Part# 35317-001-310

The following are dimensional differences:

Dimension.............. Tkat Button ......... Honda Button
      Total height........... 0.362" .............. 0.333"
      Base to end of actuator on back
      ....................... 0.060" .............. 0.161"
      Lip OD - holds button from the back of the housing
      ....................... 0.431" .............. 0.423"
      Button OD
      .............. 0.348" .............. 0.300"

The main dimensions would appear to be top to bottom dist and button OD. The base to end of actuator on back is "adjustable" On the Honda unit this is a 0.070" brass rod which can be filed to adjust length.

Units are plastic and mine cost $2.65 each. They are available and were in stock at Dryer Honda, Indianapolis.

If anyone sees another button that might fit the XS, please post the information.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Actually, T.C., TKAT has welcomed the new availability of buttons from various sources as an excuse to retire that product line. There's not much sense him messing around with them when you can pick one for about 6 bucks. The good news is he says he is very close to being able to turn our fork braces again!
        Ken Talbot

Comment

Put one in from Parts n more on my XS1000, works fine, has a little shorter throw.

dave55444

Comment

Working...
          X