speedo light bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo light bulb

Is there just the four screws on the back side of the cluster too take out to change the bulb in the speedo and or do I have to take the speedo cable off also? I have a XJ1100. Thanks and I just want to let you know I appreciate the information and tips I get from everone.

I have pulled it apart without removing the cable. I don't suggest it unless you like working real close to the headlight though.
    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

How do you get to the blub to replace it?

Comment

Hey there HappyJJ,

Well, on my 81, the bulbs are in simple rubber mounted sockets that just press into the back/bottom of the gauge once you get it out of it's holder, just pull the rubber socket, unscrew the bulb and replace with same, and reverse! I wouldn't think that they would have made the XJ's much different in that aspect!?
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Speedo, tach, and Instrument bulbs

Hi,

I just purchased replacement LED's from

http://superbrightleds.com

They come in a bunch of colors and will fit into the pilot bulb sockets.

BA9S pilot bulb replacements

These things last almost forever and are available in multiple colors and they are super bright.

They recommend that you use the same color bulb to match the color of the bulb lens...

ie.: red lens - red bulb etc.

Cool stuff... use the technology!!!

lori
          Thanx,

Lori...

I should probably do everything today because I could die tomorrow!

Comment

Thanks for the info. What I did was take one off my running board of my truck work fine. I like the different colors suggestion.

Comment

Working...
            X