triple tree clamp - is it 2-pieces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triple tree clamp - is it 2-pieces?

I adjusted the front end of my bike per post crash instructions... loosen axle, fender, triple pinch bolt on top and bottom and then wiggle the handlbars until aligned. It seemed to be aligned but after I took for a ride tonight, it seems sligthly off still. It apears that the triple clamp is pushed further back on the left side (rotated in the pivot point). Maybe I'm making no sense. IF I am making sense, I'm wondering if I can rotate the triple clamp back to where it's aligned, and then do the other work again.

As it is, the bike runs and rides ok, but it does look a bit off. Any suggestions?

Tom B.

Triple Tree

Tom, did you use a flat block of wood or flat piece of steel laid across the front of the fork tubes? There should be no "rock" in this plate, upper corner left/ lower corner right. also Upper right/ lower left. If you just eye balled you may still be off a bit giving you the appearance that the triple clamp is bent. (maybe it is?)
    Eye balls are good but they do not pick up that last 1/8" or so.
    One good thing! You rode it and it did not steer badly. Good on you!
    Ken/Sooke

Comment

Triple Tree

Tom, by the way the upper and lower triple trees are two separate pieces. Look in your Clymers manuel, I believe there is an exploded view around page 202.
      Ken/Sooke

Comment

This fiche page also shows the two separate parts.
        Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
        X