I *LOVE* my '80 XS1100 SG !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I *LOVE* my '80 XS1100 SG !

...I've owned 7 Harleys, 4 BMWs, a MotoGuzzi, and a Honda - but NONE of them THRILL me like this old Yamaha! I love it's acceleration, response, looks, and the sound of the exhaust system (both with the 4-1 SuperTrapp Kerker, AND the stock 4-2 system).
    This bike just seems SOOOooo 'natural'...

...and I LOVE the look of utter SHOCK and disbelief when I twist the throttle and leave *EVERYTHING* in the dust
    (this bike is unbelievably *F*A*S*T* !!!)
    I have finally found my *favorite* motorcycle of ALL time!

...anybody else THIS smitten by their XS (or XJ) Yamaha???

1980 XS1100SG

@#@$%$# YA

i've owned my XJ for going on 7 years now.And yes i know from where your coming from. (knocking on wood,don't need to but...just in case) My scoot has never let me down,EVER. Even if it has downed me it was still fixable on the road and driven away.So to me that dosen't count as a let down. Aside from basic maintenance things are good .And i must say i've been pretty lazy as of late on her too. But every time i mount up and hit that button she rears to life with recless abadon ,just aching to take my big fat lazy @ss on another journey,Man do i LOVE my XJ.I think i better go change oil now and run through the carbs, haven't done that in a few years,Might just get another20-50 years outta her.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

i feel exactly the same xs are awesome,looks performance etc etc etc mine needs a bit of tuning but its adequate at mo!!
      Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Comment

Working...
      X