i need help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help!!!!!

hi there trying to post a pic ,gettin in allsorts of bother!!! to big.

over to the right,get it just about right and it vanishes after a few hours??????????? try this one and see what happens!!!!!

shes needs some paint and chrome but i love it
    Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

this pic etc is near perfect (size) shame about the photo quality and the bike!!!!!! lets see if this one stays put

for all those who are fed up with my woes ,unlucky!!!!! no sorry!!!people hope this is it!!!

Comment

Groovy paint....

.... hope the flares don't get caught on the gear lever too much

XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
      Guzzi 850
      Z1000

Comment

no flares to be worn on my bike,1.1 u cheeky fekker,i bought it with that paint,bit of a downer as the guy paid 600 notes for it and its so perfect it'd be a shame to fetch it off!!!!!!

dont see many like yours about ,thats cool man!!!

i used to live in surrey myself for 20yrs ,kind of miss the place sometimes but when i go back everythings changed so much i dont even know the place anymore amazin what 10-15yrs can do to a place!!!!!!

Comment

That ain't a bad lookin bike, Is it a europian thing to have the forks covered with the rubber? I think it's a good idea cuz it keeps the bugs and stuff that's bad for your seals off of them. I'm glad that you were able to get a pic posted. I use photobucket.com, and never have to resize. It might be my camera, I don't know, but it works.
          S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
          1-big XS patch
          1-small XS/XJ patch
          1-XS/XJ owners pin.
          1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
          2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
          1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
          1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

na dont like the fork gaitors at all ,its just how i bort it,like you say they keep the crudd off

havnt had bike long,always choppin and changin bikes

this is what ive always wanted,missus says now im happy

make her happy ,no not that ,wat she wants is decoratin done!!!

once its done,ive got engine bars,highway pegs,sissy-bar,rear crash bars to go on and oil cooler

need seat cover,braided hoses for front brakes,

then i can take the fork gaiters off ,its just they havnt got the fork seal dust covers underneath (you know the little cap thing)

and you gotta have them !!!! and it means pullin forks out to do it

and you need a missus to give you an hour to yourself!!

my missus learnt 1 hour turns to 10 hrs to a weekend rapidly.

and put her foot down with a firm hand this time, but hey

once im free thats it ,shes goin to pay for my toil,

but then ill enjoy my time more,once shes content and i feel

ive done my bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORK GAITERS ARE FOR OLD CODGERS, MZ'S (IF YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE) , BODGIN THRU MOT TEST (VEIHCLE TEST THINGY) AND FOR
            CAPTAIN SENSIBLE WHO DON'T WORRY ABOUT LOOKS BUT CARES FOR HIS FORKS,

SORRY TO ALL THOSE WHO GOT THEM but they are sad and mine are comin off!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by gaffer77; 08-11-2004, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Theres Gaiters out there

You can get enough old rag under the dust covers to get you thro' the yearly MOT check too, so don't worry too much
              Guzzi 850
              Z1000

Comment

my forks aint leakin they just need the dust covers to protect the seals from dust and water etc hoping to find some that aint perished cos of the effort for fitting them etc

Comment

Fork-tastic

Good to hear Gaffer - not one of my favourite jobs when they are leaking.

I was just sharing my particular brand of bodging through an MOT !

Did a fork rebuild last autumn and now have leak free seals and new Progressive Suspension springs (which are pretty good).

I agree with your comment above - even if the paint job isn't exactly what you'd choose it's hard to take the decision to re-do if it's in good condition. Maybe one day it'll grow on you!!

Cheers - Graham
                  Guzzi 850
                  Z1000

Comment

yer wouldnt mind progressive springs myself oneday and a fork brace!!!

the pic dont do the paint justice really ,looks real good in the sun kind of suits the seventies styling of the bike well

allott of people who have seen the bike really like the colour

when i was buying it (ebay)i had 4-5 i was lookin at ,took all the bumff to work and nearly everyone commented on that more than the others, i like gunmetal ,black or silver myself but was lookin at a blue/grey one which looked nice as well

the trouble with mine is the tank and panels are great ,need seat cover chrome work and frame painted to compliment the the tank etc it looks a bit miss mash at the minute but ill get there eventually !!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X