recovering from crash - fixing bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recovering from crash - fixing bike

Well, a week later and I'm feeling a little better physically. Still bruised and tweaked but things are coming around. I did the adjusments to the front end per instructions by one of you (not sure who off the top of my head but thanks!). Haven't road tested yet but plan to tomorrow if weather holds up. It's been about 60 degrees here in August!!! That's nuts! Anyway, thanks again for all the encouraging words. I'll be getting back on soon and hopefully feeling comfortable.

The center stand outer leg got bent in toward the exhaust to where it interferes with it when going up and down. Is there an easy way to bend this back. Tried beating on it with a hammer but doesn't seem to move.

Nice to meet you the other day 2fast! We'll have to get a ride in this summer.

Tom B.

Bent Center Stand

Remove the center stand. Clamp it in a vise. Use a hammer or a large piece of pipe and bend the leg back to it's original position.
    Ken/Sooke

Comment

torch

i would recemend heat while bending makes it a lot easier. The tempering of metal will not be a problem it just holds your bike up.
      1982 XJ 1100
      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

if all that doesn't work...

You'll need a bigger hammer
        XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
        Guzzi 850
        Z1000

Comment

Working...