left side cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• left side cover

Is there anyone out there that wants to sell a left side cover for an 80 1100 xs g

I have an appointment at a local salvage yard tomorrow- looking for the same part for my '81- they claim to have a dozen 11's- I'll keep an eye out for you.Anyone else have a request-let me know.
    Name of the shop is Boulder Bike Works in Longmont,CO. [@ 20 min. from me.]
    '81H
    '77 GS750
    '80 ATC 200
    '79SF [stolen]

Comment

"Anyone else have a request-let me know."
      Yes - '80XS11SG carb choke lever (the one on the left side of carbs), and center stand spring (mine's missing)
      'can send you cash, m.o. or PayPal
      TIA,
      RonATunclespotDOTcom

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Got it-I'll let you know what I find. If I can locate the bits you need I'd be happy to eyeball them,confirm model #'s and put them on hold for you, but you can do the money stuff directly with the salvage yard. Tel. 303-651-3787.
        '81H
        '77 GS750
        '80 ATC 200
        '79SF [stolen]

Comment

Haven't forgotten about you guys, just keep getting sidetracked. Should make it tomorrow.
          '81H
          '77 GS750
          '80 ATC 200
          '79SF [stolen]

Comment

Okay, here goes. First, the contact info.
            Boulder Bike Works
            1245 Bowen Circle
            Longmont,CO 80501
            888-448-8656
            klee819@aol.com
            Not advertising these guys-just sharing a resource.Spent over an hour eyeballing around ten XS organ donors.Took me awhile to find 'em in amongst 3000+ skeletons. No standard sidecovers in sight. Half dozen or so good condition choke levers but shop policy is to sell carbs whole. [ lots of good intake boots,much to my surprise]. All of them had reasonably good condition center stand springs.Recall seeing at least three solid-looking square speedo-tachs and one good round one. Never found an '81 but that doesn't mean it's not in there somewhere. Overstayed my welcome somewhat [they were a half hour past closing on an awesome riding day by the time I left] but they were super nice about it. Need to spend a whole day there to take it all in- owner Ken has invited me to do so. Major sensory overload on first visit.
            On another note, seems like I've seen one or two snap-on vinyl side cover retro's in recent photos-any suggestions?
            I'll snap a photo of this place next visit- overwhelming and creepy at the same time-kinda like one of the big New Orleans cemeteries where all of the crypts are above ground.
            '81H
            '77 GS750
            '80 ATC 200
            '79SF [stolen]

Comment

Working...
            X