rusty seat pan teeth missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rusty seat pan teeth missing

hi there this must be a common problem and just wanted to find everyones hints ,tips ,and tricks for gettin round this

i got teeth missing under the pan itself ,the pan aint to rusty really so its a shame to bung it out!!!!!!

ive thought of trying to get some more metal welded in and cuttin some teeth

ive used cable ties to pull the cover tight (zip ties) put hole in cover and tied it off to a nearest point even using 2 for extra reach if poss

thinking of washer and pop rivetts under neath

now i want some insperation to do a quality job prefrably without welding but will listen to any fixes welding or not as i want to repair my seat cheaply but get a great finish with a new cover

thanx gareth

xs11 wat a blast from bikes that last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

teeth

I had the same problem. I had some teeth cut out and welded in place, they are even stonger than the originals. I also though of rivits and washers, but decided that htey might show through the material.
    Walt
    80 XS11s - "Landshark"
    79 XS11s
    03 Valkyrie
    80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
    78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
    81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

The upholstery shop I used for Black Ice's seat used pop rivets and washers, and none of it shows through the material. Use rivets only as long as what you need, not the long ones just because you have some in your toolbox. Then, if you use the rivets up where there is a bit more foam between the pan and the cover, you should have no problem.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

cheers ken it was just i thort the rivetts may rip the material with the tension once its pulled tight,mainly cos my old cover seemed very brittle but then it would be brittle with the age of it,a new cover should be fairly tough really i spose shudnt it!!!!!
        Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Comment

Working...
        X