Valve tool Availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve tool Availability

I was looking on e-bay for one and decided to call the local dealer. Gave him the part number and said it was not in stock but was available. Under $10 too. Got to go order one.
    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

thumper

Hey Thumper do you still have that part number. I'm gonna have to order one to. Lost a bid on ebay it went for 15.50

Comment

I was going to bid on one too and then I decided to go a different route.

Part # should be:
      90890-01245

Comment

tool

i got mine from local dealer was only 13 bucks (motion pro brand). no shipping or waiting. I'm pretty much thinking most of the tools you find will be the same one. My tool truck at work could also get one. (snap-on, mac, matco etc.)Though they wanted 15-17 dollars and had to be ordered. They were selling motion pro also?
        1982 XJ 1100
        going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
        now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I bought my Motion Pro valve tool from Dennis Kirk.
          It has to be modified just slightly with a dremel but once done it works fine.
          Bubba1954
          (aka) Shannon Koehn
          Hutchinson, KS
          http://www.fototime.com/inv/0EE87CEC5C8C774

Comment

i saw a valve tool go on ebay for $51.00 is this extorsionate ,i wanted it for half that price but left my bidding to late andwas horrified to see the final price it went for.i wanted to check price and availibility before a bid to know how far to go lucky for me cos i aint payin that ebay item number 7914800784 bare in mind this is english site so £28.00 is $51 dollars or more now
            Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Comment

hi looked www.mandp.com they had one in thier catalog 4 yrs ago at around $$$$100.00 yes 1 hundred !!! they dont do it no more but that had part no 90890 04110 ??????? goin to try www.fowlers.co.uk as they still get local foundries to make batches of original tools,i know this cos i bort a hydraulic tappett bleeder for my cbx 750 for around 20 of your dollars which i didnt think was too bad im going to check my parts cd now as i have 2 conflicting no s for the tool (one off ebay and 1 from the catalog) will root and root till i get a' cheap n' we have snap on and britool and mac tools over here will see them for prices too

lot of dosh for a plate of metal but when u need it u gotta pay it!!!

i just feel $15 dollars is a reasonable price thats what i think yamaha should charge ITS ONLY A PIECE OF METAL!!!!!!!

Comment

MY CD SAYS TOOL 90890 01245 FOR THE SF MODEL PROB ALL THE SAME NOT LISTED ON SOME OTHER MODELS???????

Comment

Gaffer, I will be going to the dealer this week to order the part. If you can't order one, I would be willing to get two if I can and ship one over to you for cost if you can't get it over there.

Comment

thanx you are great have to find some costs first and postage,,im keen to see the price i can get them for over here so will let you know availibility etc and do same for you if you have any probs see you

Comment

Hey, guys. Somewhere along the way, one of you must have come across instructions on how to utilize this tool? If so, please enlighten the rest of us.

I for one, and I know many other members have not had good luck with this tool. I owned one for 10 yrs and never could get it to work on either my special or my standard.

One of those on Ebay recently was mine.

I now pull cams to change shims.

Randy

Comment

grind

Hey Randy,said yours wasn't pushing down the tappet? I think they were grinding a small amount off the side of tool that rests on the head,in effect lowering it a hair more to gain room to remove shim.Remember you must first rotate the valve tappet slot aAWAY from the tool so you can pry the shim out wiyh a tiny screwdriver or such.Hope this helps.
                        1982 XJ 1100
                        going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                        now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Randy and everyone, here's a page I put together describing the valve adjustment procedure. It also describes the modifications I made to the Motion Pro tool. XS1100 Valve Adjustment
                          Brian
                          1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
                          1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
                          remembering the same thing!

Comment

i have bought yam part 90890-01245-00 from www.fowlers.co.uk BRISTOL BRANCH (ENGLAND UK)£10.00 thats $17.00 will take couple of weeks for delivery tho. how can someone pay$55.00 for one on ebay doh doh doh !!!!maybe i will buy some more and flog em!!!!

i have a couple of irons in the fire for a different one will let you know on this very soon !!!!!!!
                            Last edited by gaffer77; 08-10-2004, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, make your own valve lifter holding tool. Go to this link and right click on it to D/L the diagram, it's too large to post as an actual image here in the Forum.
                              DIY Valve Lifter compressing tool

I sent T.C. a diagram on how to make your own, and he posted it in the XS11 photo storage. I made mine from stainless steel, but 12 or 14 ga mild steel should work as well. I made mine long enough so I could use it with the gasket in place, cause I cemented my gasket to the head side, and oil or pam the cover so I would not have to make a new gasket each time I checked clearance. Keep in mind that I made this tool extra long, but it can be ground off by the little tang that goes to the lifter. Mine works excellent. It might take a little "tweaking" to get yours to the proper shape and size, then it should be good forever. Good luck!

Rover, I editted this message to include the link! T.C.
                              Last edited by TopCatGr58; 08-12-2004, 01:04 PM.
                              put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
                              79 F (Blueballs)
                              79 SF (Redbutt)
                              81 LH (organ donor)
                              79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
                              76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
                              rover has spoken

Comment

Working...
                              X