JCW replacement seat covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCW replacement seat covers?

I need a new cover for my bike 79SF, the seat has the diamond shape pattern. Everytime i look at seat son ebay and other places i never see that pattern. Has anyone ordered a jcw cover and gotten the right one?
    79 xs1100sf
    79 firebird
    85 f250 truggy

I ordered one for my 78E and it didn't fit my seat. Later found out that my 'bucket' seat is not stock (duh). It might have been right for the stock seat. I had mine recovered for $125. Steep but it's a great job after 3 years and 15,000 miles riding all year 'round.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Seat cover

Have you looked at BandHmotorcycleseatcovers.com I had one made for my 81 and it was real nice. They have several designs and colors available. You can also call and talk to the lady who sews them. It is just a couple of miles from my house here. So I saved shipping charges. Yea
      Dan
      Delightfully Tacky,Socially unacceptable but yet unrefined
      81 XS Special with hack. We call her White lightning XSpectacular

Comment

I got one for my 79 SF 2 years ago. It does not look just like any of those pictured. It had stitched pleats about 2 1/2 inches wide running across the seat. I think it looks very nice, and it fit well. Quality seems very good for the price. Bear in mind that this is ONLY for the stock foam and pan, will NOT fit double buckets. These are aftermarket items. If you must have the diamond stitching, you may have to have it custom made. I recently got one of their double bucket kits for my F, and the foam is very solid, damm hard. I will NEVER get another one of these
        put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
        79 F (Blueballs)
        79 SF (Redbutt)
        81 LH (organ donor)
        79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
        76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
        rover has spoken

Comment

Going to treat myself to reupholstered seats on both bikes this winter. Tried it myself a few times in the past with marginal results so- let the pro's do it, right? Got excellent results from asking around locally and found several shops doing great work that weren't advertised-word of mouth only.I've seen the product and can select materials and color from available stock.Cost @$75 each with a month wait[ hence the winter purchase]. Kinda like to keep my money in the neighbohood whenever possible. You might try your favorite local bike shops for recommendations.
          '81H
          '77 GS750
          '80 ATC 200
          '79SF [stolen]

Comment

ebay 7910439848 ,if not i get a classic bike guide mag with upholsterers in it who say they can copy any pattern or design but may not be cheap say $60 dollars plus post you must have these sort of mags in the states.

i am after the very same myself only seen one on ebay and they wernt sure it would fit sf model ,it was brand new taken off at time of sale for king and queen fitment ,man i was gutted but wasnt going to pay$130.00 if it wernt goin to fit.that diamond pattern rocks ,if you find anything let me know and i will you

im trying to find the add for you but have a mountain of mags and a nagging wife so havnt got much time to delve at mo see you and good luck!!!!!! if you see one on ebay dont get bidding as your only putting the price up for me lol see you
            Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Comment

dont turn your nose up when you see the ebay item ,read everything and take it all in and look aT ALL PICS then if your still not sure email them cos it does state close copies so they may be able to help and the price seems reasonable to me

my seat is a little rusty and some teeth are missing so am stuck really (welding ) zip tie bodge pop rivetts? ?????????? not sure what step to take really

Comment

For those of you considering a used seat, the pans ARE different on the standards and specials. My F and SF pans will not interchange, the TCI unit is mounted in different places. The shape of the bottom of the foam matches the pans, so spec and std are also different. There is also a small difference between the special and midnight special; the lower flange of the mid is a little different above the covers. I used a midnight pan on my SF, and had to trim the lower edge, otherwise, the pan has the same bottom contours, and works fine after trimming. If those of you bidding on ebay could make your ebay user name known to us, maybe we would honor the fact that a member is bidding on an item. Mine is roverboy69. Good luck
                79 F (Blueballs)
                79 SF (Redbutt)
                81 LH (organ donor)
                rover has spoken

Comment

Nice one rover ,i asked the question on the forum about seat fittings and no response,no one seems sure either but youve been great ,i got the sf special will any special seat fit this bike???
                  and can you tell me the differences in the specials on all matters
                  is it just a case of year of manufacture????

i was jokin bout my comment on ebay bidding but it is a point to consider

my ebay is gaffer 54

like i said great thread rover see you

Comment

I had a my seat covered by an auto upholsterer that was recommended by a few friends. He charged somewhere around a hundred dollars and it looks fantastic. As to the diamond stitching, I requested this same pattern at first and the upholsterer strongly recommended against this. He said that the solid material will last many times longer than the diamond pattern which tends to rip at these seams. Then I started thinking, on every bike i've ever had the seat began to rip along one of these diamond stitches. Just something to think about.
                    1980 XS 1100 Standard
                    1980 XS 1100 Special
                    1982 XJ 1100
                    1972 Honda CB 350

Comment

I just installed a seatskin I got from JCW on my '79 XS Standard and it's great. (It's a Travelcade, BTW.) I'll try to get a pic posted soon.

Here's a link to the skin I bought:

JCW seat cover
                      '79 XS11F Standard

Comment

Hi, Gaffer, I am not sure about ALL specials. I have a 79 Special and an 81 Mid Special for parts. I know that the bottom of these pans have all the same indents, and will readily interchange, except that the Mid Spec has a little more metal, a longer flange, in the area right above the side covers. In order to put the M S pan on my SF, and have the side covers fit, I had to cut away some of the metal flange to clear the covers. Very easy to do. The travelcade seat covers are very good quality for the price, and fit very well. When I ordered mine, I specified Midnight special, not knowing that the lower part of the pan was deeper, but even if I would have used a SF pan, the seat skin would still fit, just having a little more fabric that can be easily cut. On the Standard, the TCI box mounts at the rear of the seat, and the special has the TCI under the seat, and there is a depression in that area to clear the TCI. The standard does not have this recess, so the rear part of the pan has different contours than the special, so if you would want the complete kit (double bucket) be sure to order the correct one. The foam that comes with this kit is much different in the rear part of the seat for the standard and special. I have one of these, and the foam is very hard, and adds to the seat height. The travelcade seat skin (if your foam is in good condition) is very nice looking, good quality, and fits very well. I only have experience with the seat pans that I have, but I am quite certain that the standards are the same from 78 to 81. Happy I could help.
                        79 F (Blueballs)
                        79 SF (Redbutt)
                        81 LH (organ donor)
                        rover has spoken

Comment

yea mine is ripping right at the back of my butt where it makes the slight step up. not many upholstery shops around my area.maybe the seat will have to wait for a little longer. and my ebay id is 79firebird just incase i have out bid ya before
                          79 xs1100sf
                          79 firebird
                          85 f250 truggy

Comment

JC Whitney carries Travelcade Seat covers. I go one for my 81 special and am very happy with it. The quality is better than the original cover.
                            I give Travelcade covers 2 thumbs up!
                            Bill Woods
                            1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
                            1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
                            2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

cheers rover i like tech freeks youre awesome man!!!!!!!!

im gonna go sort my seat out,i got my sissy bar and rack off ebay today ,want that covered same as seat now,more dilemas..........

Comment

Working...
                              X