Horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horns

Having a hard time finding xj1100 horns And the bracket that holds them. My bracket is broke off on one side and horn missing and the other one doesn't work.
    It appears that these horns are specific to 1982 XJ as the front part of the horns are chrome with Yamaha imprinted on them which is different from the XS.
    Have my add on the "parts wanted but getting no response. Help!

Anyone have spares laying around with the bracket to help me out??
    XJ1100 Ruby Red
    XS1100LH "Midnight"
    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

A lot of us here have replaced the wimpy 'bleat bleat' horns with ones that go HONK ! It's quite easy to do, and has many benefits.

Comment

I bought a pair of hi/lo horns from harbor freight tools for $14.99 and they work great. They had bolt and flanges I could use to easily connect to my 80 g.
      Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

I bought a set of airhorns from a local autoparts store for around $30. Trust me, people get the hell outa my way.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Cruiser,

Hope you're not trying to keep it fully stock!? If so, then good luck finding them, keep searching, EBAY, etc.!

However, as several have suggested, get a set from auto store or catalog. I got a pair from JCW designed for import cars, I thought they might draw less amperage than those for US Big cars. Also, you will want to run a direct tap from your accessory terminal, to a Relay, and use the horn button circuit to trip the relay, that way you can get direct 12Volts and all the AMPS they need when you hit the button, for making them as loud as they can be.

Relying on the power line from the horn circuit just won't be enough, and they won't be as loud either! HTH.
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hey all,
            Ya, I know all the aftermarket available options. Geez, am I the only one trying to maintain the original look???
            I don't really need the loud horns because everyone is usually BEHIND me !! HaHa
            Oh well, thanks for the comments, I'll keep searching for now and when I'm totally frustrated I'll cave for the aftermarket.

Cruiser
            XJ1100 Ruby Red
            XS1100LH "Midnight"
            1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

horns

do you have a motorcycle salvage yard near? Just a thought..good luck.
              1982 XJ 1100
              going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
              now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I've seen similar style round chrome horns in catalogs such as Dennis Kirk that produce higher db's than stock.
                Robert
                79 SF

Comment

Have you tried http://64.30.217.113/speedandsportinc/index.html They seem to have one of each for sale. I bought 1 from them. and have not had any trouble, even when they sent the wrong part, they were glad to take it back and send the correct one.
                  The only known XJ1100 Interstate

Comment

Working...
                  X