fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel

I am doing a benefit ride for the boy scouts, this weekend, at the atlanta motor speedway, I did this last year and am looking forward to riding around the track again, I really want to top out the xs 11, as fast as she will go, has anyone ever run 100 octane in their xs 11, and does anyone know if it will hurt the engine. TIA. Later 'Dog

100 octane fuel will not hurt your engine. You will not likely gain anything from using it in a stock engine. If you are using aviation 100 low lead there is a LOT of lead in it and will leave deposits.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Hello Marty, long time no see, My xs 11, that I will be on, is not stock, I have rejetted carbs, added 4 to 1 Mac exhaust, plenty fast but floods a little, with the bigger jets on Idle. Later 'Dog

Comment

To take advantage of the potential of the higher octane fuel, you need to raise the compression of your engine, which I don't expect you are about to do.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

racing fuel

i almost always run 100 octane in my bike. We have a clark station here in my town that pumps 100 oct gas. It is unleaded type,mo ill effects been running it for years. I also run 112 or 116 octane when i go to the drag strip. I lLOVE THE eXhaust smell with all those fuels,smells like ....victory..lol
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

hello

Hi guys, This si Buck and Dee Dee from near Cartersville. Good to see other XS11 owners in our area. We have 2, 79 SF and 79 std. I'd like to tweak my carbs, boggin out at 70mph, cant get any more acceleration after that. Bike has after market pod filters and I dont know if it was rjetted. What would you suggest. Thanks, Buck

Comment

Hello Buck, some after market pod filters, have an inner lip that will sometimes affect the air jet, located in the air horn side of the carb. Take the filter s off, ride it down the road and if that is what it is, HOLD ON, because the xs 11s, just get started around 70 mph. Later 'Dog

Comment

thanks

Thanks man, let me know if you're ever riding in our area or if there are any xs owners meetings around. Buck

Comment

Hey there Buckb,

Welcome, and check out the Rallies section, there should be something in there about one at T.W.O. in northern Ga! Ron Reil hosts this one, it's more of a classic Jap bike rally than XS11 specific, but there are usually quite a few XS11's that show up, along with 750-850 triples, and twins, and others!!!
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

The rally is the weekend of Oct 15th, 16th and 17th and will be centered at: www.twowheelsonly.com Rob can be found at: www.motorcyclecarbs.com
                    Bill Murrin
                    Nashville, TN
                    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
                    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
                    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
                    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
                    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
                    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Working...
                    X