How Many Sf Model Were Made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Sf Model Were Made?

HI THERE WHEN I BOUGHT MY BIKE THE GUY SAID THERE WAS ONLY 1200 SF MADE ,IS THIS TRUE DOES ANYBODY KNOW,I PRESUMED THERE WOULD BE OODLES OF THEM AROUND (SPARES INTEREST MAINLY)I KNOW ALLOT IS INTERCHANGEABLE JUST WANTED TO FIND OUT THRU CURIOSITY IF ANYBODY KNEW OR CAN FIND OUT ,I HAVE THE CD'S ETC WITH YAM PARTS FOR MODELS NUMBERS TO SEE WHAT IS THE SAME JUST CURIOUSE HOW MANY SF WERE MADE THATS ALL I KNOW MINE IS SF BY THE FRAME NO AND ENGINE NUMBER
    Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

I don't know how many SF's were produced. But I do know that the sf is a 79 special. F- being the model year, and S- being the special. I'd have to think that there were alot more then 1200, Being that here in South Dakota I know of around 9 just in Sioux Falls, 6 in Rapid City, and several more in Ia, and Mn.
    I think that in the General Info column ther is a break down of the models verses years, Like 1977 the XS was tested as, and presumed to be a XS1000. That's what blew the public away because it out performed everything in the 1000 class. During the unvailing, the maufacturer also revieled that it was accually an 1102. The modle tested was the fist 1100 and it was an E model.
    79 came the F model and a new sportier Special ( SF ). 80 came the G model, along with the ( SG ) and something new. A dressed up special with a few mods called the midnight special. 81 brought the H model with the others, ( special, midnight special ) and the last year of production. 82 started the XJ models which had basically the XS motor but there were a few different mods. Now, depending on what state/country these motorcycles were sold in will also regulate how the year is listed on the title. Year of manufacture or year of first sold. I had a 69 Cougar convertable but it was listed as a 70. Any body who knows anything about older cars knows that there were differences in body styes between those two years
    If any info I put here is not correct, then Please someone correct me and also accept my appologies.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

XJ

The XJ was produced till 1984 for the Canadian market,just so you know. It had a lot more electrical systems to have trouble with in my opinion. I will have another xs some day soon but not an XJ..........................MITCH
      Doug Mitchell
      82 XJ1100 sold
      2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
      2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
      1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
      47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

THANX YOUVE CLEARED SOME OF IT UP FOR ME ,I LIKE THE MIDNIGHTS JUST NOT SO KEEN ON THE GOLD BITS I KNOW THIS IS WHAT ALLOT OF PEOPLE LIKE BUT ITS NOT FOR ME,IVE SEEN ALLOT OF VARIATIONS,WIERD LOOKING PEGS,WIERD SEATS ETC ETC,I GUESS THE BIT I DONT LIKE IS IT LOOKS LIKE AN XJ MAXIM,IVE ONLY SEEN 1 OF THOSE I REALLY LIKED WHICH WAS HEAVILY MODIFIED,BUT THEN THEY ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN OVER HERE TO PASS JUDGEMENT I SUPPOSE ,BUT THEN WHATS MY TASTE GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING ANYWAY!!!!!!! THE OTHER THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT THE MIDNIGHT IS THE WHEELS THEY ARE LIKE ALL YAM WHEELS THE SWIRLY FLOW TO THE SPOKES ,THEY JUST DONT LOOK MEAN ENOUGH TO ME,THEY LOOK OK ON SOME XS THO JUST STRANGE COMPARED TO THE BLACK ONES ANYWAY I SAW WHAT SOMEONE SAID WAS A MIDNIGHT ON EBAY ,IT LOOKS DIFFERENT TO OTHER MIDNIGHTS IVE SEEN BUT THIS WOULD BE MY PERFECT XS IF IT HAD HIGH BARS AND A SISSY BAR SEARCH FOR 2482758760 ON EBAY IF ANYONES INTERESTED THAT IS ,YOULL SEE WHAT THESE BIKES FETCH OVER HERE FOR A NICE ONE (IF YOU DONT ALLREADY KNOW)AND YOU ACTUALLY CARE THAT IS I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST A PHOTO ON THIS SITE SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE A PIC OF MINE HOPEFULLY ITS STILL GOT THE PIC AND YOULL SEE THE WRITE UP WITH 1200 MADE ITEM NUMBER 2476023347 SORRY 1500 MADE!!!!!

Comment

hey gaffer 77,there is a frame with some wireing,front forks and brakes,and front wheel up here in southport if you are interested.i will go and see it on tuesday to see what else is on it if you want.

Comment

hi scoobes,lookin for a very good seat,maybe exhaust,rear caliper ,good disk,braided hoses,chrome bowl for rev counter maybe a grab rail ,foot pegs(riders),oil cooler (got the adapter for the engine)and a fork brace,lookin for very good parts at a very good price tho sorry,ebay is the way for me really but if you find any of these great ,its just i have some of these parts and they are a little ruff i want to bring my bike back to a good standard thats all really,i have really over spent on magazines and a whole load of parts this month tho and my wife is getting irrate with me,flippin postman keeps coming on the wrong week (i work shifts)so she sees whats coming for my bike these parts are for the SF MODEL (THE PARTS YOUVE FOUND YER)

Comment

Working...
            X