fork seal size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fork seal size

Ok, just thought I'd throw this one out to see if anyone knows the answer.

Anyone know the actual size(s) of the fork seals? I've been looking around, and I keep finding different sizes, and some don't tell you the size.

For instance, www.motodepot.com has a listing for the xs1100 78-81 as (37*49*8), and the xs1100 79-81 as (37*48*10). Most other places I've looked don't have measurements on them. I'm asking because I'm still being stubborn about paying the local Yamaha dealer $21 a piece.

So, anyone actually know the correct size(s) for at least my 1980SG ?

Thanks!!

Eric
    Nothing like a ride on a straight 4.

Or toying with death on my 1983 Maico 490 Spider. Only fractured 3 bones so far.

I'm pretty sure the specials from 79-80 retained the same forks. I'm on a 79SF and I just picked up a set last week. The measurements on the package read as follows.

37x48x10

In terms of which ones to buy, there is longevity to think of as well. There are various integrity fluxuations regarding which ones are used.

If you only want to do it once, drop the coin. If you'd like to one day do it again and like to get your hands dirty from time to time, get the cheaper ones and save a couple bucks. They're every bit as good as the expensive ones, you won't know the difference accept over time. A looong time.
    I am a rhinoceros and my skin is three feet thick.
    //////////////WARSENAULT/////////////

Comment

Ah, sweet. The difference in the year span from motodepot must be the key... only had specials 79-81.

Thanks for the reply!!

I think I'll get the cheaper ones, because I do like to get dirty, and that way I can get springs and seals and oil all from the same place.

Thanks again!

Eric
      Nothing like a ride on a straight 4.

Or toying with death on my 1983 Maico 490 Spider. Only fractured 3 bones so far.

Comment

Working...
      X