air cleaner blues (wont fit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air cleaner blues (wont fit)

hi there i bought a new air cleaner for my xs11 sf but there was no way on earth i could get it to fit unless i took the foam ring off top and bottom as the threads on the bolts wouldnt reach i was thinking maybe they are wrong or been modified,maybe theres a nak to it or maybe its me but my old cleaner had no foam either or maybe the air box is wrong please help see you
    Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Did you buy the UNI filter gaffer? I recently had this issue with my dads G model. I wish I could be more help, but I just muscled his in. I was concerned that the box wouldn't seal completely, but it ended up being so close, and I was so tired of messing with it, that I just let it ride. It was close enough that I couldn't tell if it was sealed or not. My K&N was a little better, as I remember it. I just thought you might feel better knowing someone else has shared your woes.
    Matt
    1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
    1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
    1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
    2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

cheers drag ,i thought with no replies i must be a numpty,

you can see the one i got at www.patternparts.net

i checked all models and filters are the same ,on my parts cd

you sort of know when somethings right or not and i only just muscled mine in even with out the foam sealing rings and it still got a small gap.

im not impressed at all ,thort id got a bargain when i found this filter after lots of searchin and comparing!!!!!!

i fitted mine when it was nearly dark so this didnt help matters but there was no way on earth i was going to get the bolts to meet the threads without removing that foam,hopefully some more people will reply and say which filters are good and bad!!!!
      Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Comment

filter

Gaffer.
        I bought a k+n filter but in my stock air box I to cut the the ends of the cotter pins off so they wouldnt hang up and pull the filter foam. I like the k+n. just like nothin there. Hope that helps.
        Later Steve

Comment

Working...
        X