electrical wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical wont start

Here we go. My dumb **** left the key on and drained the battery. This is the least of it. I jumped it and put the cables on the wrong terminals. Didnt cath it until water boiled out of the battery relief vent. Now i have no power, no nothing. I tried charging the battery and it still holds a charge shows good on a volt meter. Hooked cables directly to leads and nother no power no sign of any power fuses look good still nothing. Is there a fuse hiding somewhere or did i fry something? what a dumb A**

Have you tried jumping from another good battery WITHOUT the XS battery installed? That boiled battery is probably junk now, may be showing voltage on a meter, but I doubt it can produce the amps needed to work the bike.

HTH

Randy

Comment

ok that might be, but i have hooked up my cable directly to the
      battery terminals drawing power directly from my vehicle, wouldnt i still be able to get power and strat it temperaily that way?

Comment

I show no lights or any sign of power amps aside

Comment

Unless I am wrong here, don't forget to check the main fuse on the left side of the bike. This is on the opposite side of the fuse box on the bike, speaking about right/left.
          Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Hey Hey thumper i just came back to say yipee do dah. It is the fuse on the left side 20 amp fuse was blown. KInda proud that i found it, but you were right on

Comment

Working...
            X