are Kerker mufflers 'packable'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are Kerker mufflers 'packable'?

'got a 4-into-1 w/Kerker muffler - and it's getting louder and louder... are these things 'packable'; with some kind of 'batting' or insulation to make them quieter? Going down the fwy is LOUD!

1980 XS1100SG

kerker

Hey unkle why yes they are. I thought you were looking for stock muffs?I was looking for loud kerker... dennis kirk has a section for kerker headers, baffles cones etc for old or new style headrers.If interested in a swap let me know,i have stock XJ mufflers in decent shape my head pipes are crappy though.Can put up pics if interested?
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I'm gettin' to like the sound (rumble) of this exhaust system more and more... I think I'd regret getting rid of it

...and I *LOVE* the power of this bike; b/w 2.5-4K is the 1st power band, and it kicks in *AGAIN* about 6.5K(rpm)! ...from what I've been reading it comes from the 4-into-1/Kerker boosting up the 'pony-power' - it *is* FAST !

...but I do need to 'tone it down' just a hair; so I'll looking into some sort of baffle, packing, or 'whatever'.

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
      X