universal fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• universal fairing

I bought a universal cafe racer style fairing for my '80 midnight special. I need to get the turn signals off in order to install the brackets. Do those just unscrew?

I didn't have to remove mine to put the fairing on. I took a big washer, traced it out and cut a half circle shape out in the front of my fairing to let the fairing sit on the turn signals.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

thanks

I need to remove the turn signals because the brackets for the fairing attach there. I do need to cut out some of the side so the turn signals fit though.

Comment

Cafe fairing

Ihad to remove the headlight from the bucket in order to loosen the turn signal stalks. Otherwise, it was a pretty simple install.

Good luck!
        Tracker

80 XS1100LG "Black Widow"

Comment

My front attachment points was the reflectors. cut a thin opening and bent a bracket to slide in the opening. The headlight bucket bolts hold the front in place.
          "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Working...
          X