Exhaust woes/Oil filter relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust woes/Oil filter relocation

I have several high performance (high chrome too ) exhaust headers I'd love to use. Only problem is that they will not fit with the oil filter housing or with a spin-on in place. Has anyone done a filter relocation on their ride? I'm thinking I could cap off the outlet to the filter on the oil cooler adapter and use an automotive oil filter relocation kit tied into the oil cooler "out" line. This would give me all the room I'd need for a nice center collector headpipe.

Hey there Kane,

Yes, I've seen this done, a fellow Xsive did it, posted pictures as well, can't remember his name, if you do a search you'll find it/them. Wasn't too pretty but don't think he was worried about that. Yes, putting a flat plate on the end of the cooler adapter plate should do it! You might want to look into import relocators where you would probably find smaller adapters for the smaller filters for the 4cylinders vs. big V-8 ones!?

Then deciding on where to relocate the filter to is the question, if you're runing Indy filters, and no Air box, you may have room below the carbs/battery area!? Good Luck.
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
    X