4-2 MAC chrome turnouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-2 MAC chrome turnouts

Does anybody have MAC 4-2 chrome turnout exhaust? If so, how do you like them and do you have any pictures that you could post or email? TIA

I got a used set last year after my 4-1 blew apart at the collector,
    at first I didn't like them... too quiet, and an entirely different sound (from the 4-1), but this year I must have burnt out some of the packing, 'cause they're sounding nice and throaty.
    As far as I can trace these pipes, they came from Bruce Doucette, on the East Coast, to Courtney Hook on the West coast, to me on Vancouver Island. So Parts get around on this list!

I can send you pics if you want.
    Glen G.
    "The worst day riding is still better than the best day working!"
    '81 LH "HoRee Cow"
    '83 XJ "Horse Trade"

Comment

I would love to see pics!

Comment

I said Jardine, But they were MAC's (Have a look)

Link
        Rick Wood
        XJ1100 (Construction Complete)(SOLD)
        Northern Michigan

Comment

Re: 4-2 MAC chrome turnouts

Originally posted by JohnSg
          Does anybody have MAC 4-2 chrome turnout exhaust? If so, how do you like them and do you have any pictures that you could post or email? TIA
          Here's the left side of my buddies '78 XS. He's pretty happy with them. The header pipe did discolour almost immediately, but I'm told that is because the factory header is doublewalled, and the Mac isn't.

This machine is for sale if anyone's interested.

Brian
          1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
          1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
          remembering the same thing!

Comment

Do they crisscross?
            "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Brian (xssiveone),

Your link doesn't work. I'd like to see the '78 Standard with aftermarket pipes. Always interested in XS's for sale....how much and where is it?

Comment

Just tried to put the pic up again, for some reason Angelfire is not going to let me do it.

John, bike is located in Leamington,Ontario. About 40 minutes from the international border at Detroit,MI and Windsor,ON. Asking price is $1800Cdn. A lot of new parts on this one, just bring a helmet and ride it.. anywhere. If you want, I'll send you a list of stuff he has done to it via PM. I can send pics as well, just let me know where you want them sent.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Winterhawk
                  Do they crisscross?
                  No idea, and I can't ask him right now as he is on vacation.
                  Brian

Comment

I have battery acid spilled on the left muffler. Was hoping I could get the left muffler only as I like the crisscross look. I think that the PO cut them off right ahead of the rear axle.

Last edited by Winterhawk; 07-19-2004, 10:29 AM.
                    "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Brian,

I can't afford another XS11 at the moment, saving for a second garage to store them in, but I'm always curious to see what they are going for and what they look like.

If you have pictures you don't mind sending me, just click on my "Profile" above this text and five lines down where it says "Contact JohnSg" you can select "Click here to email JohnSg" to send the pics. With your permission of course, I'll upload it to "Photobucket" where my online pictures are stored and post it here for all to see. Maybe someone who can afford it right away will see it and contact you.

John

Comment

Doesn't give me the option to send attachments. I have a few pics of it I took for him, but need your email addy.
                        Brian

Comment

WinterHawk, if you are trying to identify yiur pipes, they look exactly like the Jardines that I have on my bike. Here is the link to them. http://community.webshots.com/user/john80sg I found the manufacture's name on the mounting tab on the muffler where it mounts up to the footpeg bracket.

Comment

Bingo, Thanks a bunch John. I had no idea. In Dennis Kirk book it looked like MAC's. They look like yours. It's the only ones made I've seen that I like. Have to check out a new set and see how much..

Your bikes nice. I like the polished fins on that black finish. Also the Lockart oil cooler. I want one of those to but it seems people don't have an interest in oil coolers these days.
                            Last edited by Winterhawk; 07-20-2004, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Brian sent me these pics of MAC turnouts on his buddy's bike which is for sale. The odometer is in kilometers and converts to about 42,118 miles. Looks real nice! Too bad I don't have any room for it.

The following is from Brian (xssiveone):

"I’m selling this for a friend of mine. I've seen it, ridden it, and would not hesitate to buy it, but I don't need, or have room for, another m/c.

This is truly a "turn-key" bike as everything has been done. The owner crossed over to the dark side and bought a Harley. Pics available upon request. $180000Cdn or best offer. Bike is located in Leamington, Ontario, Canada. About 40mi south of Detroit, MI"

Email: gclose15@aol.com

New:
                              Paint
                              Tires
                              Coils, wires, plug boots
                              Pickup Coils
                              Battery
                              Wheel bearings
                              Stainless brake lines
                              Handle bars
                              Carb boots
                              Mac 4-2 exhaust