Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soft pavement + heavy bike = tip over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh oh, I have another one from about eight years ago... on my GS750, I had always had a charging problem and never had enough money to both a new stator and regulator/rectifier so I just didn't buy either. So, pretty much every other start required a push start, which I became pretty good at. I would put her in neutral, run along next to her on the left side, and when the time was right I'd jump on then pop her into either first or second (depending on how fast I was going already) and off I'd go.

Well, I happened to do this on campus without really looking at the pavement in front of me in the small intersection...yep, oil slick. I dumped her right there, but I caught her right before she hit ground so there wasn't toooo much damage.

Not too long after that I got a new regulator/rectifier and stator.
    1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
    1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
    http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

I was loading my '78 up into the back of a Uhaul motorcycle trailer to get my title inspection. She wasn't running at the time so I had to sit on the bike and muscle it up the narrow ramp. I get the nose of the bike on the flat of the bed and I lose my footing. Bike pinned my left leg against the top rail of the "box" of this trailer. I had a bruise for 2 weeks. Goin down the freeway with it in the back, one of the tie-down straps came undone (I should have checked mroe carefully and the bike slammed down on it's right side breaking a sparkplug and bending a cooling fin. That was a lovely day.
      Tony K.
      TonimusMaximus
      Big Angry Scot - Clan Maxwell
      New 1978 XS11E Owner

Comment

Working...
      X