• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the link should be
    http://www.bmwrt.com/faq/saddles.htm

Ben
    1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
    1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
    1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
    1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
    1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
    1982 XS650
    1980 XS1100g
    1979 XS1100sf
    1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Yep, thanks. Next time I'll preview my reply.

Originally posted by ae7f
      I think the link should be
      http://www.bmwrt.com/faq/saddles.htm

Ben
      Robert
      79 SF

Comment

sorry people xj looks like a tarts hand bag(girly wheels over done seat and awfull grab rail) midnight looks like something that fell out a christmas cracker(too much glitter) (gold bits everywhere
        and resembles the xj too much)

sf special they rock,you all know it!!!!!!

as for the standard ,ive seen 3 or four that look good usually german or austrailian,something about finding the right color or mods makes em stand out

still each to thier own ,what you like is what you buy!!!!
        specials give you a cross between a standard ,a chop,a custom etc etc ,to me its got a bit of everything you want from a bike
        most of all its got character and its an xs so whats the prob

sf rule dont anyone forget that saying that i may get a standard
        rat bike for the winter and the long trips ,keep me special for summer fun!!!!!!!!!
        Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Comment

My "Special" had one of those touring seats on it. It was one of those that looks like two toilet bowls. I hated it and sold it on eBay. I had a stock seat done by SARGENT. It's good. I did a 740 mile day on the bike two weeks ago. (Nags Head, NC to Daytona Beach, FL) I did 360 miles just yesterday. The "SPECIAL" works for me, "roto tiller" bars and all!

With the bigger tire on the SPECIAL, do't the standard and SPECIAL have the same circumference around the outside of the tire? I believe they do.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Here's my XS1100SF after a "little" cleaning up:

Comment

yer man that rocks!!!!!!

i got the same rack and sissy bar, just a bit rusty compared to yours,one day i will get mine lookin like yours,frame and chrome really ,im not to sure how to put a pic on here, read how,to but didnt understand ,maybe your operating systems and internet connection or something,any chance of a basic step by step guide(no confusing words ,as you may use different computer language to me) im in england see thanx ill add your pic to my picture collection

Comment

You need to store the pictures you want to post on a server other than the one that hosts this forum. I use www.photobucket.com. You will have to open a free account to do so. Usually 800x600 resolution is plenty, otherwise the picture is huge and the viewer needs to scroll around to see the entire picture. Then using the IMG button above where you type the text of your reply, copy the address where your pictures are stored into the little box that will popup. Before you "submit your reply", try "preview reply" first to see what it will look like when posted. If the picture doesn't show up, then you did something wrong and need to start over. Hope this helps.

Comment

thanx thats wat was confusing to me couldnt understand why they couldnt come from the storage on my computer files ,thanx now im sorted,just got to wait now cos theres time limits on joining up

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSg
                    Here's my XS1100SF after a "little" cleaning up:
                    Wow, that looks really good! Is your engine chromed or just polished? If the latter how did you go about polishing it?
                    Robert
                    79 SF

Comment

here is my beast probably need to resize etc just trying for now thanx for help for loading up the pic ,now got to put all my goodies on her and polish and polish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Robert,

The edges of the cooling fins are polished and the rest is painted silver. The case covers are all polished. At the moment, I'm polishing another set of footrest mounts. Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Tried to edit the post above to add these pics but time allowed expired.

Carb bodies, cylinders, crankcase all painted.

Amazing what a little paint will do...

Comment

Midnights!

Ahhhhh....
                            CUAgain,
                            Daniel Meyer
                            Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                            Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

that is one nice xs (the red one) the midnight urrrrghhh!!! na it is a very nice example and it is each to thier own ,i know it wouldnt be a midnight but you got ta have some chrome and silver on a special you just gotta or it aint special ,pondering on one of those seats for my bratts ,theyre still very young at mo but once i can get thier feet on some pegs that seat looks great for this

Comment

Working...
                              X