Fairing to square headlight conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing to square headlight conversion

Hey guys Ive been working on converting a 79 F with fairing to the standard square headlight bucket. After some serious searching and a lot of luck I found a couple of buckets, brackets and lamps I was able to piece together for a pretty nice/clean setup. Now for sorting the turn signal wiring? Im no electrical engineer so the manual(s) diagram is a little hard for me to understand. Anyone been down this road (Im guessing yes) or have some insight to save me some time and maybe some hair? The rear signals are easy so its just the front I need help with. Maybe theres already a thread on this topic but I couldn't find one specifically. My apologies if there is and I missed it. Thanks in advance.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1979 XS1100 F
    1982 XJ 650
    1983 XS 650

I would first remove the fairing pigtail harness with the Molex type plug. Then the left signal hot is brown, right is dark green, blue is for running lights if you are using them. The ground is thru the bike frame to the signal housing.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

That clears it right up. You just saved me some more head scratchin time! Thanks a ton Bikerphil.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1979 XS1100 F
      1982 XJ 650
      1983 XS 650

Comment

Originally posted by BBQRider View Post
        That clears it right up. You just saved me some more head scratchin time! Thanks a ton Bikerphil.
        Hi BBQ rider,
        I bet it will take more than one attempt to teach all those wires to get in the headlight bucket Be sure to save the pigtail for the fairing in case you what to put it back on later or if you sell it.

Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I'm glad I could help you BBQ, you're welcome.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
          X