Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pipe leak at Cylinder Head

Hey, guys.

Have any of you been had trouble with an oil leak at the oil pipe that feeds the cylinder head?

.Before you answer, Dragonrider, (I don't mean the 50 MPH oil bath)

I purposely bought new crush washers when I did my overhaul and torqued them to recommended specs, but I have a weep at the head banjo. Looks like its at the crush washer. It's very little, but noticable to me. I'm considering trying a couple more ft-lbs of torque just to see what it does. Any suggestions?

While on the subject, I'm considering changing the pipe to a S/S braided line. Anyone know the diameter of that banjo? I looked up the fiche and it looks like 15mm ??

Thanks, guys.

Randy

OK, if it works, I wouldn't change it. The oil line...

I replaced the washers cause of the oil shower I had all over the engine after a 40 mile ride. Washers were old and cracked and kaka....
    If yours are new, take em out, heat em up on a gas stove or something till they glow, throw em in some cold water and reinstall them. They should be nice and soft now (even when cold), but they will stiffen as you tighten the bolt.
    Hope this helps.

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Randy, I would just replace them again with new. They are cheap enough. Maybe check for a burr on the bolt head.

Comment

Working...
      X