Shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donebysunday View Post
    I have that on hand as well as the grey. I think the grey withstands higher temps, let me see here, both say oil resistant, the ultra black says maximum oil resistance (no temp mentioned), the mega grey says good for 650°F .
    So now is it 650°F or max oil resistance that I want.
    No way the engine gets to 650°F but the exhaust pipe runs within an inch of the bottom of the shifter cover.
    Actually, choice is easy...…….no gasket is necessary for shift cover.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

If you have room lay a file flat across the gasket surface to get things flat. Stop over thinking. Like Motoman said, no gasket. and I use the ole blue RTV for most everything. Clutch cover, valve cover, shift cover. I don't have anything that leaks. Use a VERY LIGHT FILM. Less is better so you don't squish the excess into the engine. Happy New Year.
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Use of Permatex Ultra Grey was my choice. With no gasket, Ultra Grey was also my choice for oil pan and clutch side-cover. That was some ten years ago, and as of yet, no weeps nor seeps.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Use of Permatex Ultra Grey was my choice. With no gasket, Ultra Grey was also my choice for oil pan and clutch side-cover. That was some ten years ago, and as of yet, no weeps nor seeps.
          Done deal !
          Thanks guys !
          I don't think I'll be doing any more, least till I can find a lift.
          76 XS650 C ROADSTER
          80 XS650 G Special II
          https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
          80 XS 1100 SG
          81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
          https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
          AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Working...
          X