No announcement yet.

Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you jetmechmarty! I haven't looked into parts availability for the carbs yet. I learned a hard lesson on my Rebel. ALWAYS use OEM parts. I couldn't make it run worth 🐕 poo until I sourced some genuine keihin parts

Comment

Just priced the Megacycle cams at $788/pair. I can't spend that much..... Looks like I'm just gonna get any bottom end, and use the 78-79 head and pistons (oversize if needed; don't see why I need more displacement if I can't afford more cam), stock cams. A fresh XS1100, even stock, is a beast. If I can launch it good ican keep up with CVO Big Twins, huh? I'm talking 110ci with stage 1 or 2 mods.

Comment

Street

Unless you are going to race this bike, build the engine to street specs. You will be glad you did.

Mike
        1981 XS1100H Venturer
        K&N Air Filter
        ACCT
        Custom Paint by Deitz
        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
        Stebel Nautilus Horn
        EBC Front Rotors
        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Thank you MPitma100! I plan to. I hope whatever bike I find has a good set of pipes on it. If I wind up with a post-79 bike I will have to install the earlier ignition system. I wonder if I should install an XJ charging system for the extra 5amps I read I can get. I like the idea of maybe having a STEREO (YAY!!!)

I noticed several bearing shells and the right side(?) crank seal are discontinued. I'm I just gonna have to rely on eBay luck?

Comment

May buy a whole Standard for $250. I could use the bigger fuel tank.

Comment

Working...
            X