"New" xs near me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" xs near me!

Stopped for gas at a station near me today and saw a familiar engine profile. There was an XS11!! I asked about it, and the owner said he had it for about 6 months, but was waiting for someone to repair it for him. I gave him the info on this site, and told him to have the repair guy read through before doing much on the bike.
    It wasn't pretty, as it's a '80-81 standard with a round headlight, no sidecovers, and in need of a LOT of cleanup before trying to get it to run. He has my number, but I can't help with it as I'm working on my house. I will be leaving Cantaffordya by the end of August. The new location will be in Boise, Idaho.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Good Luck with the Move, DiverRay

HOpe the move to Idaho works well for you Ray,,,its a beautiful state. Make sure to stay in touch here and at the rallies and hope your xs project is returned to Ray 5 star repairs. Yep, Cali is def. chasing a lot of folks out,,,,we could be going to a no tax state when the mrs. retires.....anyway, good eye on the xs up there. Mike in Sun Diego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
      .......... Yep, Cali is def. chasing a lot of folks out......
      I had several relatives (cousins) born and raised in the Anaheim area. The last one moved out about a year or so back.

My son works as a Manager for a large Japanese Company. He's now setting the stage in TEXAS for several components of that large company to relocate within the next 2 years. Thousands of jobs will be eliminated in Calif.

As an outsider looking westward.... It APPEARS those in charge in Cali can't say NO to anything anyone dreams up....
      Kurt Boehringer
      Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
      1978 - SR500 - Thumper
      1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
      1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
      1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
      1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
      1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
      1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
      1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
      1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane