Massive fuel leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive fuel leak

For those who will see pictures of this fuel leak on the national news tonight - don't worry, it's not Arkansas flood pictures. Even of the crests on the waves off flowing fuel are surf able.

OK, maybe it's not quite that bad. But it seems that bad. I pour fuel in the top, it pours out the bottom.

This is not a "please help me find the leak" post. This is a "crap, I've got a leak and it seems the parts are unobtainable" post. Maybe someone has an idea.

The leak occurs on both sets of carbs, fright where the fuel feeds the carbs. The ridges on the fuel line T that connects the fuel lines and slides into the carbs have shrunk with age and gas leaks from there. Badly. I cannot find new carb T's.

I've been to a couple of auto parts places looking for o rings that would fit the t's, but no luck. I know I am not the first to face this issue. How do I fix it?

Patrick
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

I'm pretty sure I bought a pair on Ebay a couple of years back and they worked fine to replace the original. I tried for a while cutting the rubber back and using rings from Harbor Freight. But the new T's work better.
    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Working...
    X