Front brake master cylinder questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front brake master cylinder questions

I changed from single to dual disk brakes on my front of my xj and in the process I changed to the master cylinder from my 650. I have torn it apart and cleaned the spooge hole many times with no luck and am getting tired of tearing it apart. I saw a m/c on ebay from an 80 something xs 1100 and they look exactly the same. Can someone look at this pic and verify what year and model xs 1100 it fits? I am going to order a rebuild kit for it and dont want to screw up.

Also, what size piston does it have and would it be appropriate for dual disks?

From the looks of it, it's a 78-81 XS m/c. the size of the bore is embossed on the underside IIRC, it's 11/16 or something like that. Parts n more has the rebuild kits at a very reasonable price.

HTH

Randy

Comment

Front MC

Hey foxjohn When i changed my XJ system over i used the stock MC on the bike ,worked great.

Comment

Partsnmore had them on BO when I did mine so I used the OE kit from Zanotti's. Partsnmore also show a complete master assm that some have reported to work good. Check the forums under brakes.
        Underdog

1980 MNS "The Dark Side"
        2000 Heritage "Snow White"

Comment

Ok, I tore down my xj master cylinder to clean it while I have the time. I got it apart fine but i didnt notice the order and direction that certain parts came out. Can someone tell me how this thing is supposed to go together? I have the piston and a spring with a piece of rubber on the end. Which way is the rubber on the spring supposed to face? Toward the piston or toward the line exit?

Comment

Working...
          X