Special Upper Triple Tree Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Upper Triple Tree Wanted

None on Ebay right now. Anybody have one they would like to part with? Its for an experiment to reduce the trail on my motorcycle for easier steering with my sidecar.
    Kevin
    '79 XS1100 w/ Sidecar "SOLD"
    [URL=http://webpages.charter.net/kbhahn/sidecar1.html]My Webpage[/URL]

Hey, Kev, I have one on an 81 Mid Spec, might consider a trade. I am in central WI, where are you? If not too far away, would consider a trip there. I,m sure we could work something out. I have two running XS's, F and SF. Always looking for spares Rover
    put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
    79 F (Blueballs)
    79 SF (Redbutt)
    81 LH (organ donor)
    79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
    76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
    rover has spoken

Comment

Hey Rover,

Not sure I would want to trade. Just in case I need to reverse my changes if things don't work out. I'm in Rice Lake, how about you?

Last edited by sidecarKev; 06-24-2004, 04:09 PM.
      Kevin

Comment

Kev, I did not mean trade tree for tree, maybe for something else. I am near Marshfield, and being retired, I could make a trip there next week, maybe you have something else I could use. I am not in this for money, only to keep my bikes running, and for friends.
        79 F (Blueballs)
        79 SF (Redbutt)
        81 LH (organ donor)
        rover has spoken

Comment

Oh OK, hmmmm, what do I have that you might need?
          That would be fine if your up for a little trip.
          Kevin

Comment

OK, seems like my F is up for a trip. I will send a PM on Sunday, and let you know. Do you work days? or nights? Maybe next week Sat would be better for you. Catch you later,
            79 F (Blueballs)
            79 SF (Redbutt)
            81 LH (organ donor)
            rover has spoken

Comment

I work days, home by 5. Next week Sat is no good for me. 4th weekend. Camping plans. I'm sure we can figure something out.
              Kevin

Comment

Hello, Kev, I got the upper tree off, and it is not as heavy as I thought. So, I think I will send it to you, but I will need your address. I just took a look at my back tire, and it is worn much more than I thought. I am bidding on a wheel, tire, and drive unit on Ebay, but it will be a couple weeks before I have it, if I get it for the price I want to pay. I have two rear wheels with good tires, but they are the 16 inchers from specials. I would rather get another 17, to keep the F stock. To get a new tire from my fav supplier, I would not have it set up for about two weeks, and I always like to have a spare wheel. If you will send your mailing addy, I will send you the tree, and we can work something out later. I looked at your web site, and I like the sidecar. I had one in 1959 and 60 when I was stationed in Europe. I put it on a 500 single, and a buddy and I saw every major grand prix (autos) in Europe, except Monaco. It was a good rig for the time and place. If you want to email, I am rovjer@tds.net .
                79 F (Blueballs)
                79 SF (Redbutt)
                81 LH (organ donor)
                rover has spoken

Comment

Actually I would like to swap out the 17 on my 79 for a 16. Want to gear it down a little bit to help with takeoff with sidecar. Maybe a possible swap opportunity? You know I might be interested in the whole front end of your parts special if you want to get rid of it. Forks, calipers and fender. Don't need the wheel. Maybe a straight up swap for those also.
                  Last edited by sidecarKev; 06-24-2004, 09:41 PM.
                  Kevin

Comment

Go for the 16"

Hi Kevin,
                    not only will a 16" rear wheel get you an easier pull-away, you can also put one of Dauntless' Twintires on it. The Twintire has a flat tread profile & wears like iron which makes it an ideal tire for a rig. The price of US$95 + shipping is a bargain for you although what with the exchange rate & what the Border Nazis tacked on to the bill, by the time mine got to me in Saskatoon it cost me CAD$180.
                    Fred Hill, S'toon.
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I knew there was another reason I wanted to run a 16. Thanks for reminding me.
                      Kevin

Comment

Working...
                      X