Cheap Turnsignal Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Turnsignal Mods

I have an '82 Xj and have never liked the stock turnsignal mounting. Looks like crap on the headlight. I really like the modern mounting on todays cruisers so I just modded mine. I took the turnsignals off and removed the mounting posts from them. Then I put bolts and washers in their place. I bought some small L brackets and cut them to size and bolted them on the turnsignals. Next I removed on of the fork holding bolts on the lower triple tree. Ran it through the modified L bracket and tightened it down. You will have to extend the wires to the turnsignals. Now I have better looks and they actually make the bike safer. How you ask? Well they can be used now as supplemental mirrors as long as they are kept clean. If you have ever been in traffic and wondered if someone is beside you, now you will know. Seem to correct all of the blind spots that the stock mirrors have. The total cost of the mod was a mere $5! I dont have a picture hosting service but I can email pics to who ever wants them. If someone can be nice enough to host them so everyone can see them I would be much appreciative. The mod should work on all XJ's and XS Specials.

photo host

Hey john try Photobucket.com they work good on pics here on our site.And its FREE.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Webshots.com works well, also. That's where my pics are.

Comment

Here are some pics. Lets see if they actually work

Comment

tried webshots

I tried webshots didn't care for there site,i could not get pics to show up here.photobucket also alaows you to resize pics and is very easy to get the pics on this site. Of coarse when you delete them from there they will be gone from this posts also.Just me personall thoughts if it works for you thats cool
          1982 XJ 1100

Comment

I used photobucket. Works great. Thanks a lot. What are your thoughts of the pics?

Comment

I know that it doesnt belong, but here is a pic of my father's Yamaha XVS 1100 V-Star. He thought that it was bad until the first time we lined them up. All he saw was my back tire. Well anyway the v-star is where I got the idea of the turn signals.

Last edited by foxjohnc; 06-24-2004, 01:06 PM.

Comment

nice pics

I like the mods.But you need to adjust size a tad. very hard to view .Just don't go to 75 percent then pic looks like the size of an avitar.But otherwise keep on moding,looks cool.How you like my back light mods?
                [IMG][/IMG]
                1982 XJ 1100

Comment

Look cool, but whats up with the 3 sets of foot pegs?

Comment

Maybe he's an alien?

(Actually, if you've been reading the posts carefully, you'd know the answer is there are two vastly different sized regular passengers)

Randy

Comment

aliens

actually your both right,I'm a little alien sometime,but the real reason is my 5 yr old daughter likes to ride with dad.They remove in under two minutes and back to stock.
                      1982 XJ 1100

Comment

This is sorta like the front turn signals on my bike are mounted.Mine are a little higher and use after market signals.Good job.
                        Bill Harvell

Comment

Working...
                        X