New intake carb boots on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New intake carb boots on Amazon

Looking for parts on Amazon and ran into these. $60 with shipping for all 4. Seems almost too good to be true. I didn't see anything posted about this so far.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...eywords=Xs1100
    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

One thing that I learned from after market boots: If you have a vacuum tube that is firmly attached, wait for cool-down to pull off the tube, or you can pull the metal nipple upwards. 8-0
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
      One thing that I learned from after market boots: If you have a vacuum tube that is firmly attached, wait for cool-down to pull off the tube, or you can pull the metal nipple upwards. 8-0
      I second this, and not necessarily preventable even when cool. Mine pulled out totally cold, had to reinsert and used some SEAL ALL when I put it back in.
      YMMV.

I just reviewed my eBay purchase history, the supplier was CruzinImage, out of JAPAN, so they are NOT Chinese knockoffs, and CruzinImage has supplied the big bore kits as well, so regrettably just a general design/manufacturer flaw. Also don't know if the $$ ones are really any better, or who they are made by?

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

This summer I replaced the boots on my XJ1100 with the eBay boots. I did at least two synchs with a Morgan Carb Tune and did have any problem with the vacuum nipples.

I suggest using a lube to make it easier on and off for the hoses.
        82 XJ1100 - sold
        96 Honda Magna 750 - Girlfriend's bike
        2000 ZRX1100 - sold
        2003 FJR1300 - Silver rocket

Comment

Mine came from Parts-n-More several years ago. They've already passed the test of time.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Mine also

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
            Mine came from Parts-n-More several years ago. They've already passed the test of time.
            They are Made in Japan and are Tour Max brand.

part # 48-1466
            1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
            1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
            1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
            1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
            1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

I got mine at Parts-n-More several years ago also. No problems yet. Of course, now that I said something about it.......
              79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
              79 SF parts bike.

Comment

I replaced mine at Parts and More as well at least 10 years ago and it's still doing well. But if I recall, they were near 2x the cost of these. I know I saw people looking for inexpensive replacement shoes and I was looking for new fuel tees and came across these boots. So just wanted to share them. I've o no experience with these and as I said, i replaced mine a long time ago. Not for function because they still worked but I didn't like the way the exterior was cracking and it was when I first started with this XS.

Comment

these have worked well for me over the past year, 42 bucks or so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-1979-Y...hXl70e&vxp=mtr
                  79 SF

Comment

That's funny. It's the same picture and same vendor I posted from Amazon. Only it's $18 cheaper on EBay. Nice.

Comment

another source

Siriusonic also distributes them. I have a set from them but didn't install yet.

They were less than Parts n More, both places ship to me no charge since I am close.

https://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-det...roduct_id=1786

Brian
                      '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                      '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                      '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Working...
                      X