81 model identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 model identification

I am easily confused about what models were available in 81. I have a round headlight so is mine a standard or special???
    Thanks
    81 XS11

Round Headlight

Go to the home page of this website. Look to the right and click on faqs. Go to number 4 on that list for models, serial numbers, and paint colors to help you determine your exact year and model.

Typically, a round headlight would be a Special.
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

thanks again
      81 XS11

Comment

Additionally you can have a local police officer come out and run the VIN print out a T-22B forum for your state and that will tell you plus if you don't have a title you're good to go when you get it registered.
        1980 SH - 100% custom wired Road warrior with motogadget everything.
        Looks like a scrap heap, runs like a dream.
        Master of the wires.

Comment

Follow Mike's advice, and use the serial number. Notice how he said "typically". Well, Vetter fairings used round headlights as-well, and if the owner could not source the original "rectangle" headlight for a Standard, he may have adapted the round headlight to it. Odds are is that it's a Special, but u never know.
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Pretty sure it is a special because of the round headlight and the other engine trim stuff. It is a 81 and it only has 6100 original miles so it's special to me
            81 XS11

Comment

Working...
            X