It's Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Alive!

Another XS has been resurrected. Got her started this morning for the first time since at least 2013. Not ready for the road yet, but its getting closer. Many thanks to the awesome members here with their kind and helpful tips!
    80 SG

Originally posted by txtriathlete View Post
    Another XS has been resurrected. Got her started this morning for the first time since at least 2013. Not ready for the road yet, but its getting closer. Many thanks to the awesome members here with their kind and helpful tips!
    Geez, winter is coming. Get out there and ride before you have to put it to bed again! =8-D
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
      Geez, winter is coming. Get out there and ride before you have to put it to bed again! =8-D
      Would have to have wheels on it for me to ride it. Right now its on jackstands. Waiting fork seals and a rear brake M/C kit and tire.
      80 SG

Comment

Originally posted by txtriathlete View Post
        Would have to have wheels on it for me to ride it. Right now its on jackstands. Waiting fork seals and a rear brake M/C kit and tire.
        Sadly, I had to put my XS11's in the shed down the hill for winter. We had snow this morning and momma wants her half of the garage for her car. :-( I do have the Honda ST1300 ready to ride in the garage however. It is depressing as I have tuned the 2 XS11's and they were running fine.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Sadly, I had to put my XS11's in the shed down the hill for winter. We had snow this morning and momma wants her half of the garage for her car. :-( I do have the Honda ST1300 ready to ride in the garage however. It is depressing as I have tuned the 2 XS11's and they were running fine.
          Someone needs a bigger garage

I know how that is as I have to many things in mine.......hell we have had our house for almost 18 years and a car has only been in the garage one year
          79 SF

Comment

No cars in my garage. Just 3 motorcycles and tons of storage stuff and some tools. Two cars in the driveway.
            82 XJ1100 - sold
            96 Honda Magna 750 - Girlfriend's bike
            2000 ZRX1100 - sold
            2003 FJR1300 - Silver rocket

Comment

Hope you were at least able to drain the carb fuel on those two XS11's Sid.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                Hope you were at least able to drain the carb fuel on those two XS11's Sid.
                Yeah, I should do that. Pretty easy on the carbs from the 81H and the viton tipped fuel valve should keep the gas from flowing.
                Skids (Sid Hansen)

Comment

Originally posted by HalfCentury View Post
                  No cars in my garage. Just 3 motorcycles and tons of storage stuff and some tools. Two cars in the driveway.
                  The American Way
                  81 XS11

Comment

On the Road - sort of

First time "down the road" with the old girl since 2013 at least. Pretty much an end to end renovation. Still have a few odds and ends to sort out.
                    80 SG

Comment

Working...
                    X