Replacement Ignition Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Ignition Key

Anyone every had a problem getting a duplicate ingnition key made? I took mine to the local locksmith (not a Wal-Mart or hardware store) and they couldn't find a blank that would work. They had Yamaha blanks, but not any that would work for a 79 XS1100F.
    Ed - "Where there is a Road... There is a Ride" -MoBro 79 XS1100 SF

Sorry you're having trouble. I just had three copies made for my 79F at a local 'Smith. No trouble. $3.50/Each. If you continue to have trouble, I'd be happy to pick up a couple of blanks and ship them to ya.
    Good luck,
    Paul

Comment

Try another locksmith, I got keys made for two 79's at my local guy, had blanks right on the shelf!
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I agree with Gary. I had keys made at the local locksmith with no problems.

Bob
        #1 ’79 XS11 Special
        #2 ’79 XS11 Special
        '97 V-Max
        '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Have to agree with everyone else here.... had a local locksmith make me a set of keys for ignition when I didn't even have the keys. Tell your local smithy that Suzuki blanks will also work.
          Brian
          1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
          1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
          remembering the same thing!

Comment

Keys.. why keys...

Heck I got keys too at the locksmith, a bit more than $3.50 but at least i got one..

'cept the ign doesn't need it to turn..lol if you put the wrong key in it it won't work, but just turn it with a dime.. it will move right over...

At least i can say it starts on a dime..

(I just got a new ign coming from ebay..)
            jeff "Wags"
            Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
            79sf rusty
            79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

Thanks to All - Tried a different Lock Smith. $2.50 no problem.

Ed
              Ed - "Where there is a Road... There is a Ride" -MoBro 79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Working...
              X