Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS11 Hiflofiltro ?

Amazon vs Partzilla $16/$30
    Amazon says this AIR FILTER is not for the XS11 ?
    But partzilla lists this part number 2H7-14451-00 as fitting 78-81 XS11 standard, special and midnight.
    Amazon > https://tinyurl.com/y93aayvv
    Partzilla > https://tinyurl.com/ybqkoror

I've not heard of them before, Hiflofiltro, anyone had experience with them ?
    76 XS650 C ROADSTER
    80 XS650 G Special II
    https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
    80 XS 1100 SG
    81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
    https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
    AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

I've seen the filter but never used one.

Amazon says the filter fits my '80G:
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

HiFloFiltro makes the oil filters I use in my bikes, fine as far as quality.

What I see looks like the correct filter. Based on the part numbers listed I would not hesitate. If it does not fit, it was a $16 experiment and I bet you could get it returned.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

There was one of those on my bike when I got it. Most of the foam had disintegrated by the time I got the bike. What was left was brittle and flaky.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Any idea how long had it been on the bike before you got it?
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
            Any idea how long had it been on the bike before you got it?
            Nope. I bought it in May 2010, so its anyone's guess as to when it was installed originally.
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

There is a reason I've gone to K&N air filters. More money up front, but last the life of the bike or car. HiFlo filters are like stock, and yes, they DO go bad after a few years even if you don't ride much.
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                There is a reason I've gone to K&N air filters. More money up front, but last the life of the bike or car. HiFlo filters are like stock, and yes, they DO go bad after a few years even if you don't ride much.
                Also K&Ns warranty is top notch! All they do is ask the milage of the vehicle and send you a new one, sometimes they ask for the old one back but I have never had to pay out of pocket to ship one back.
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I like and use K&N washable filters. I spray a light coat of filter oil on them. If your floats leak, you will want to fix that first. I had a full size filter shrink from being gas soaked. It was so deformed, I couldn't reinstal it in the airbox!
                  Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                    Also K&Ns warranty is top notch! All they do is ask the milage of the vehicle and send you a new one, sometimes they ask for the old one back but I have never had to pay out of pocket to ship one back.
                    I've used a Uni foam filter since back in 2008, it's still good:-

UNI NU-2244

I don't use the Uni cleaning kit but you can buy one.
                    Wash the filter with Dawn (original) soap and warm water.
                    There's a non-aerosol 16 oz bottle of Uni oil but I'm still using the same 5 oz spray can of filter oil too, it doesn't use much.

Uni Filter | Cleaning and Oiling | It’s All About the Oil...

Bar and chain oil works too.
                    -- Scott
                    _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Unifoam

I caution the use of this filter with the older xs11's. I had 2 78's with that filter and each one had to be cut out using a serrated knife while sawing between the upper and lower half of the airboxes. There are clips in the posts that catch the foam and that foam is really strong stuff!!! The newer airboxes have circlips (I think) instead of the bobby-pin looking ones.
                      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
                        I caution the use of this filter with the older xs11's. I had 2 78's with that filter and each one had to be cut out using a serrated knife while sawing between the upper and lower half of the airboxes. There are clips in the posts that catch the foam and that foam is really strong stuff!!! The newer airboxes have circlips (I think) instead of the bobby-pin looking ones.
                        That's good to know! I have the catchy-clips in my '80G and the '79SF air box. I haven't snagged the filter yet but I'll find a way to 'fix' that problem before it bites me too!
                        -- Scott
                        _____

Comment

+1 on using the UNI filter. Have had same one in my Venturer since 2005. Just remove it, wash with solvent, finish cleaning with soapy hot water, let dry and re-spray with PJ-1 filter oil, slip back in place inside the metal screen.....good to go till next time.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
                            I like and use K&N washable filters. I spray a light coat of filter oil on them. If your floats leak, you will want to fix that first. I had a full size filter shrink from being gas soaked. It was so deformed, I couldn't reinstal it in the airbox!
                            But they will replace it!
                            Nathan
                            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                            K&N Filter
                            OEM Exhaust
                            ATK Fork Brace
                            LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                            SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                            X