78E seat cowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78E seat cowling

I am about ready to repaint the Beast and I am looking for a replacement for the plastic rear piece of the seat. Mine has a small broken-off corner. Does anyone have a cowling around that they want to part with? Please email me with terms.

Sid Hansen
    sidskids @ earthlink.net (no spaces)

PS, does anyone know if the model 79F is the same?
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

I think the 79F is the same..
    The local plastic-carbon repair guy that makes fairings should be able do make a new one....
    Dunno bout the prices...
    U can get a carbon ducati monster front fairing for 20$ here...

Lotsa luck!

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

The 79 swap is a good fact to know. Thanks.
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

To all...I believe I have closed a deal on the needed piece. Thanks.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Comment

Hi Sid
          I've a couple in the loft - can't remember the condition of them but if one of them is ok I'll send you it out.
          Keep revving
          Mike Farnworth
          XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

Comment

Hi Sid
            I've just checked mine and the left hand corner is broke off on both of them. Don't they sit right when the're bolted down?
            Keep revving
            Mike Farnworth
            XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

Comment

Hi Mike. Really, I am not sure why mine broke on the right corner. I think it might be the way I reinstalled the trim along the seat bottom after I replaced the seat (travelcade replacement) a long time ago. My bad! :-( BUT... I did get a replacement that I am sanding for primer and paint.
              Skids (Sid Hansen)

Comment

Working...
              X