XSNE prep weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSNE prep weekend!

So this past weekend was slated to be my prep weekend. A deep carb and electrical clean as well as an engine degreasing. And finally fixing that leaky tensioner seal. Few hours tops.
    But as it would have to be, my bad luck struck again. If any of you remember, i bent ALL of my valves last winter due to an improperly tuned tensioner. I did almost the exaxt same thing while changing the seal.
    Instead of turning the engine to "c" or 45 past tdc, i turned it to tdc to tighten. Buttoned everything up, turned the engine by hand and *slip* there goes my cam chain

What was supposed to be a 4 hour max job turned into a 2 day affair. No bent valves this time, praise be to the xs11 gods.
    Got her all stripped down and retimed. Shes now polished, waxed, and rally ready.
    Lesson here? ALWAYS FOLLOW THE BOOK PROCEDURE. DONT ASSUME YOU KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOUVE DONE IT

Anyway, see you guys at the rally.

Edit: i also should point out that i have a venture auto tensioner in the mail to prevent this from happening again
    1979 XS1100F "Roxy" (my first bike ) - '91 Suzuki GSX1100 Fairing, BMW bags, Cheap ABS Trunk, aftermarket cruiser seat, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Heavy Duty folding kickstart, XS11 Special signals and gauges, Blade Fuse Conversion, Dynacoil Greens w/ ballast bypass, SS brake lines
Working...
X