No announcement yet.

shaft to chain drive conversion Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaft to chain drive conversion Where?

Who has a kit still available to purchase. I need one for a land speed racing project.
    sinners & saints
    '80 xs11 special
    '84 Honda vf700f
    '75 Honda CB500T
    '92 Yamaha Seca II

It's been a few years since anyone posted about the conversion. I don't think someone has a "NEW KIT" in their hands, but I have been wrong before. I would look through ebay, or do a google search on "shaft to chain drive conversion" and see what you can find. The one or two I saw here were one off, and I don't think the guys are on this site anymore. Remember, if it fits the 750/850 triple, it should work on the 1100.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Here you go, mate!

http://www.motionlogics.com/contents...DRIVE_KIT.html

if you want the best.
      79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
      Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
      *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
      *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Chain Drive

That link is interesting and might be the way to go. I have 3 chain drive conversions I have collected from different members over the years. PM me if you are interested.
        Tom

Comment

chain drive conversion

I am interrested
          Ego Sum Meus Frater Custodis...

Comment

Chain Drive

PM me with any questions.
            Tom

Comment

Well I was interested... until I saw it was a thousand bucks. OUCH.
              80G

Comment

Chain drive conversion

Originally posted by LVTom View Post
                PM me with any questions.
                I would like to do this if you could send me pictures?

Comment

I guess I don't understand why anybody would be welcome to the additional chain maintenance? It sucks.
                  1979 XS1100F
                  2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Chain drive

Thanks for the opinion. I will note it however I like a chain

Comment

Originally posted by scappod View Post
                      Thanks for the opinion. I will note it however I like a chain
                      More properly then... what is it about the chain conversion that you like? I do see you did a chop conversion in other threads. What would be the advantages for me to convert an XS over to chain drive? Is there a decided weight loss and subsequent more efficient power transfer that makes the XS perform notably better?
                      Last edited by Bonz; 05-18-2017, 08:34 AM.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Chain Drive

The biggest reason to move to Chain Drive is to run a fat tire on the back.
                        Tom

Comment

With the idea of a bobber in-mind, I presume? That's understandable. I did not mean to offer my opinion scappod, it was a poorly-wrote question. I know XSChop is kind of the well-known member to make them.
                          1979 XS1100F
                          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Ah, gotcha.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I still have a spare new XSChop kit lying around but someone else is interested as well.
                              I will ask him to make up his mind and come back to you if you are still interested.
                              XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
                              MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
                              Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
                              Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
                              Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
                              Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Working...
                              X