Need a seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a seat

I have an 80 xs11 special with the king/queen seat. Im looling to get a standard seat to use while i fix up the current saddle. Ive purchased one on ebay but it didn't fit. There was no recess for the icm module and the sides didnt sweep up high enough to clear the rear grab bar. Is there a special model seat i need to find or am i stuck with the high rise seat?
    80 SG

The '80 has a different seat than the '79, IIRC. I MAY have a seat pan in storage, but I know it needs a cover. Let me know if you want it and I will check to be sure it's the right year.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

seat

hello rileysaurus, I have this one for sale:

It was taken off of my 1980 xs1100 special parts bike.
      It is in very good condition.
      I believe it is the original seat pan because it has the fuel routing diagram label on it. I'm guessing that someone recovered it with the double bucket style.

If interested, PM me with an offer,
      Thanks,
      Bob
      Bob's Bikes:
      79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
      https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
      https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
      "
      Project XS11"
      "Rucksack Grunt"
      "Small Unit Leadership"
      "Jean's Heroic Journey"

Bob's Parts:
      For Sale Here.

Comment

This is the stock seat. Is this what you have? The XS1100 Special was not a touring bike. It was more about style than anything else. That seat pan is the only one that fits. It is shared with the '81 Special and the Midnights, though their seats have a more abrupt step. I addition to the uncomfortable seat, the fuel tank is small, forcing you to get off often for fuel.

The stock seat is cut out in the back for the tail light and the fat aluminum grab bar. You may be able to fit another seat (maybe a '79 Special) but the tail light and grab bar will have to go. Also, the '80 seat pan follows the side covers. No other seat will. If the seat pictured is not what you have, it's probably what you want. The style points never kept me from riding long distance, but there are better machines for that.

Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Working...
        X