Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member here. Had a new 79XS and just picked up 2 78 projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member here. Had a new 79XS and just picked up 2 78 projects.

I prefer my projects unmolested, but my first 78 is a disaster where ever the prior owner touched it. Still more to find I'm sure. One float was plastic, 3 idle screws broken and stuck, ignition JB welded and sheet metal screwed together. 2nd bike, 2 carbs with broken float towers, one float punctured and carbs very filthy, etc.

Got them both lose and running now. Sprayed some PB Blaster in the cylinders so they smoked the first time running but after that heat cycle the next time I started them, to adjust the carburetors, they both ran pretty clean. Both show good compression so it's game on now! Enjoy reading the stories and posts on here. I'm in Columbus Ohio now but bought a new 79 XS11 standard in Florida where I grew up.

Really wanted to post a picture of mine and my buddy's new 79s on a 4,600 mile trip. Not sure how pix work here yet.
    Last edited by Webster71; 02-25-2017, 11:19 PM. Reason: adding picture
    78 E

Welcome to the site! Pic's have to be uploaded to photobucket or some other site that is up 24/7, and then you click on the img icon, mountain with a sun, paste the img link from your site and it should display in your post. This is just the nickel version of the instructions, but if you look in the how to, or do a search on posting pictures the is a more complete description of the process.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
    X