Headlight Bucket Pacifico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Bucket Pacifico

I am stumped on this Pacifico Headlight.
    Does anyone have a parts list or know how these fit up?
    I am assuming the adjustment is done by the knob on the dash
    What is the top bolt for in the bucket?
    Are all the parts there?
    I cant imagine this works?
    Am I missing anything?

82 XJ1100J
    81 Venturer
    Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

The XS1100 Pacifico fairing was for the 1978 and VERY EARLY '79 ONLY! It came with the rectangular headlight and NO ADJUSTMENT! The factory burned in early '79, and Yamaha went to the Vetter after that.
    I can say 100% that is NOT A YAMAHA PACIFICO for the XS1100. It may be from another model, like the 750/850, or it's a Vetter/other manufacturer. I've never seen an adjustment like that on any of the fairings I've owned or worked on.
    The mechanics should not be that hard to figure out, as it looks like you have the two side mount bolts to hold the bucket into place. the big question is what does the threaded rod twist as it goes up and down? is it a mount bolt, or something else?
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
      The XS1100 Pacifico fairing was for the 1978 and VERY EARLY '79 ONLY! It came with the rectangular headlight and NO ADJUSTMENT! The factory burned in early '79, and Yamaha went to the Vetter after that.
      I can say 100% that is NOT A YAMAHA PACIFICO for the XS1100. It may be from another model, like the 750/850, or it's a Vetter/other manufacturer. I've never seen an adjustment like that on any of the fairings I've owned or worked on.
      The mechanics should not be that hard to figure out, as it looks like you have the two side mount bolts to hold the bucket into place. the big question is what does the threaded rod twist as it goes up and down? is it a mount bolt, or something else?
      Hi Gordon,
      I agree with Ray. That looks a bit home made to me.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Not So Sure

I have been doing a lot of research. This might have been a factory option ? I have found a few here's one on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311802490222...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Also the advertisement talks about the adjustable headlight. Still not sure how it all goes together I found a new bucket online the original is cracked.

Still not sure how it all comes together.

82 XJ1100J
        81 Venturer

Comment

Notice the advertisement shows a Honda. This was a fairing made for different bikes, like the Vetter or others of that era. The ONLY factory Pacifico was on the early XS1100, as I said. I was working in a Yamaha dealer in late'78, and owned a full dress '78 XS1100, so yeah, I'm sure.
          I would try and see if you can find a parts guide for the "Pacifico AERO" fairing online. At least with a diagram, you have a chance of knowing what goes where.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Ray I will keep digging!
            82 XJ1100J
            81 Venturer

Comment

Working...