Complete Hard Luggage for $65.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Hard Luggage for $65.00

This is my 1981 Venturer that I have been working on for a couple years. The original bags were trashed so looking around for an alternative I had the idea that maybe toolboxes could work. These are Husky brand bought at Home Depot for 15.00 per side case, the matching top box was 35.00.Of course I had the original venture hard bag mounting hardware to it was pretty easy to drill some holes and mount them up. I got to try them out on a road trip I took last summer, and I'm here to tell you they worked out great. So here's some pics tell me what you think. By the way I'm still looking for a good deal on original yamaha bags so if anybody has a set let me know..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

some of these pics were before my paint job.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    81H Venturer

Nice!

What a great economical cool idea!
    I'm wondering if they are waterproof?
    Bob's Bikes:
    79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
    https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
    https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
    "
    Project XS11"
    "Rucksack Grunt"
    "Small Unit Leadership"
    "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
    For Sale Here.

Comment

Very nice setup...these look better than my OEM Yamaha bags with their crappy rattle can paint....if you were closer we could make an exchange...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ranger. love the amo cans on your bike. I have never ridden it in the rain but I also have bag liners purchased from wallmart that I use on the inside. I also am looking for a cool gold airbox from a midnight special.I like the jardine exhaust as well. Max, we don't need to trade,go over to home depot and pick up a set for $30.00. I want the original bags just to use local, if I'm going on a trip the toolbox bags would go back on.
        81H Venturer

Comment

Oh by the way don't they look like expensive adventure bike luggage!!
          81H Venturer

Comment

Working...
          X