BS34 carb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS34 carb problem

One float pin is rusted solid, and one is repaired. Do i attempt to work with this rack, or buy another?
    79 SF; XJ700S

Is the repair good? I guess you got the rusty pin out to notice the rust, no? Your call. Rust can probably be cleaned off and the pin reconditioned. If you can make it work, go with it.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

.....soak the carb bodies completely submersed in a pan of EvapoRust overnite.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

The repair is good. The rust is pretty bad. I will soak it and give it a go. Nothing to lose, right?
        79 SF; XJ700S

Comment

Originally posted by JMilliken View Post
          The repair is good. The rust is pretty bad. I will soak it and give it a go. Nothing to lose, right?
          .......cept time.....kina like watchin' paint dry.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
          X