Need carb help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right on, Redbeard!

Wow! Two sizes down from the lean-and-mean Special 110 fuel jetting?

Usually those 105 fuel jets will work fine at somewhere around 4,000 to 14,000 feet in the mountains so they'd be great for the Colorado Rally next year! They will work down in the flatland too until you get off the Pilot circuit and onto the Mains, just don't pull heavy loads or do sustained high speed riding.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Yes she is way lean. Kept it under 60 mph and let it chug around in 5th most of the time. Just couldn't resist going to town to look at all the pretty machines here for the rally. My son is here from Sacramento and getting this bike "road worthy" was supposed to be done a month ago, but will get the 110's in it this morning while he is out with some friends and see how it does. He's taking my (his now) HD back to Cali on Sunday so it is a bittersweet BB&BBQ this year. He rode around on the back of it with me here in the 80's when this spectacle was just a poker run put on by the locals. His 40th birthday was back in July but I asked he wait till now to come get it. Anyway, need to get out to the shed and pull carbs if I want to be done before lunch.
      1980 xs1100SG "Silent Killer"
      1948 HD FL "Thin Mint"
      1978 FLH 80 "Grumpy"
      1960 HD FLH Duo "Blue" (w/family in Sacramento)
      1986 Honda CMX 450 (51hp rat sleeper) SOLD

Comment

Working...
      X