Cam. Chain tensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam. Chain tensioner

Andreas told me to look in here for a modern cam chain tensioner swap, can't find it. Does anyone know from what donor bike I need to look for? Please pm me if you do. If u have one for sale already text me at 406-670-8632, would rather do business with a fellow than a nameless Corp. Look forward to hearing from you.
    79 XS11 F

Here is the list: http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35501 The second one down has the full list, and the first is Steve's take on what one works best.
    I've used the last of the ones I've had, so you may be going to ebay. Most of them you WILL need to modify something, mount holes on the ACCT or shorter mount screws. And yeah, it IS worth it on these bikes!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

The 1300 Venture is the most direct fit but be sure and use the bolts that go WITH that tensioner or shorten the originals.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Cam chain noise

Thanks guys, if u here of anyone that may have one for sale send them to me. I'm also always looking for neat stuff. Keep me in mind if you have something cool. Would really like to find a set of euro lower controls but those are like finding diamonds in a mud puddle
        79 XS11 F

Comment

Tempted to pounce on these myself......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Yamaha-...VXUFdX&vxp=mtr
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I did that swap, worked nicely.

Comment

Working...
            X