Roxy is almost complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roxy is almost complete!

So Ive been absent from the forums for the last few weeks, and I felt it was time to give you all a little update. Roxy, after being looked over and adjusted by myself and the knowledgeable Eastcoaster, is running like new. I have about a thousand miles since her last adjustment, and I haven't (knock on wood) had any problems.

Now if any of you read my first thread on the bike when I first aquired her, I mentioned a mystery fairing kit that the P.O. gave me. After some research, and contacting a few people, I am still at a loss as to what it is. Regardless, I managed to fabricate some new mounts to fit it to my xs11.

This is right after the first test ride with the fairings. She preformed fantastically, and I think she looks quite good as well! Shes pictured next to my working buddy's honda shadow.

It really warms me to be able to follow through this far on this bike. And it pleases me even more that Im now into the accessories phase. All thats left is personalization and a new, fresh coat of paint!
    1979 XS1100F "Roxy" (my first bike ) - '91 Suzuki GSX1100 Fairing, BMW bags, Cheap ABS Trunk, aftermarket cruiser seat, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Heavy Duty folding kickstart, XS11 Special signals and gauges, Blade Fuse Conversion, Dynacoil Greens w/ ballast bypass, SS brake lines

Hi Seth,
    Looks great. I like the soft blue Taking a clue from the bags I wonder if that fairing is from a 90's era BMW ? Looks quite at home on your XS
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Might be BMW, but the windshield has suzuki stickers... I havent found a suzu fairing that matches however, so might it be a BMW with a replacement windshield?
      1979 XS1100F "Roxy" (my first bike ) - '91 Suzuki GSX1100 Fairing, BMW bags, Cheap ABS Trunk, aftermarket cruiser seat, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Heavy Duty folding kickstart, XS11 Special signals and gauges, Blade Fuse Conversion, Dynacoil Greens w/ ballast bypass, SS brake lines

Comment

And now she glows blue!

Comment

That looks totally awesome!

-- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
          X