Pingel Petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pingel Petcock

After much frustration I decided to replace the vacuum petcocks with Pingel valves. It has an on,off, reserve and a nice filter / screen.
    It took some reflection to justify the expense.

The quality is good and, the value of not having to worry about the petcocks and floats seeping causing gas dangerous gas leaks made me go for it.
    I'm pleased with the product.

Parts list for standard Petcocks
    A1802C adapter plate.

6211-CH 3/8" NPT Hex valve.
    XS1100F TKAT fork brace Stock suspension. Vetter Fairing. Pingel Petcocks. Geezer voltage regulator
    http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3026.jpg
    650SF
    http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF2647.jpg
    XS1100SG Project bike
    http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3034.jpg

Thank you for posting this. I just wish they weren't $345 for a pair lol
    80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

I know a few lads who have used them on their Suzuki's, but after a long while they started to leak !!!! you expect an expensive tap thats meant to be top quality to last a very long time, the lads where taking them off and putting OEM taps back on, I prefer OEM with a good quality repair kit, just saying like.

Comment

Pingel will repair your leaking petcocks for a fee. It was like $34.00 I believe. I only had it done once. Like a week turnaround. I have the stock petcocks in my apartment.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Had a Suzuki where the previous owner had replaced the stock vacuum petcock with a pingle. Was laying up for the night at a motel and forgot to turn the valve to the off position and had a nice puddle of gas under the bike and a crankcase full of contaminated oil the next morning! Sure, it was a bonehead maneuver on my part but not wanting to deal with THAT issue again I bought a good quality replacement for the OEM petcock and never had to think about it ever again.
          1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
            Had a Suzuki where the previous owner had replaced the stock vacuum petcock with a pingle. Was laying up for the night at a motel and forgot to turn the valve to the off position and had a nice puddle of gas under the bike and a crankcase full of contaminated oil the next morning! Sure, it was a bonehead maneuver on my part but not wanting to deal with THAT issue again I bought a good quality replacement for the OEM petcock and never had to think about it ever again.
            Could you link us to which replacement petcock you purchased?
            80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post

Could you link us to which replacement petcock you purchased?
              That was on a Suzuki and I'm thinking the bolt spacing for mounting it would be different. There's an eBay seller named Georgefix that sells good quality aftermarket fuel related motorcycle parts, that's where I found mine. So far the consensus that I've gleaned on the XS1100 is the best way to take care of the issue is with a petcock rebuild kit, last time I looked Georgefix had them for our bikes but I've yet to need doing it on mine.
              1980 XS1100G

Comment

don't buy the cheap Chinese ones as they are crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyxs11 View Post
                  don't buy the cheap Chinese ones as they are crap.
                  That was the consensus on Suzuki GS message board and where I found the seller I bought from. For this question, who is selling quality petcocks for the XS?
                  1980 XS1100G

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post

That was the consensus on Suzuki GS message board and where I found the seller I bought from. For this question, who is selling quality petcocks for the XS?
                    can't say where you can get a good XS tap from ? but if you can find one made in Japan it would be better quality, I tend to buy OEM used ones and then get a rebuild kit made in Japan, not had an issue yet.

Comment

Some of the rebuild kits have an o'ring on the diaphragm that isn't thick enough to seal, leaving you with a leaking rebuild. It's a very easy fix.
                      I've had my XS650 for nearly 40 years. The vacuum petcock has never had an issue.
                      Last thing. There's a thread on XJBikes.com covering rebuild of vacuum fuel valves. It's very good. It was reposted to XS11.com, so it's here someplace.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

One thing that is overlooked during a rebuild is polishing the seat where the O Ring sits.
                        Here's the link..
                        ​​​​​
                        https://xjbikes.com/forums/threads/r...-w-pics.25058/
                        Last edited by bikerphil; 01-06-2023, 03:35 PM.
                        2H7 (79)
                        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                          One thing that is overlooked during a rebuild is polishing the seat where the O Ring sits.
                          Here's the link..
                          ​​​​​
                          The left petcock on my XS was leaking fuel past the valve just a tad and and after trying without success in the past to rebuild one I gave that polishing trick on mine a try using the same rubber parts that came with it, it did the trick.
                          1980 XS1100G

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                            Here's the link..
                            ​​​​​
                            Great advice Bikerphil. I did exactly that when I rebuilt my petcocks after watching a few UTube vids which showed how to do it properly. Although I just completed this rebuild using good parts before winterization, I still disconnected the fuel lines from the tank because it was easier than the carbs, and connected clear lines to the petcocks, tied them up and plugged them. I check them very now and then to see how the petcocks are are holding up. I too fear the dreaded leak into the crankcase.

Comment

Working...
                            X