Brake Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Fluid

Another question to the Wise ones on here. My brake fluid reservoir is just a little above the lower level line. Been that way since got out for season and I see no leaks and they work ok. So my question Is it ok to refill to top? Or leave as is? Thanks for all the help.

Ps. I love these bikes.
    79 XS11SF

Originally posted by dbmb0416 View Post
    Another question to the Wise ones on here. My brake fluid reservoir is just a little above the lower level line. Been that way since got out for season and I see no leaks and they work ok. So my question Is it ok to refill to top? Or leave as is? Thanks for all the help.

Ps. I love these bikes.
    Leave it as is.......level drops slightly as brake pads wear. If you were to keep it topped off as pads wear, then you would have an overflow mess of brake fluid on tank paint when you compressed caliper piston back in some more in order to install the new pads.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Thanks. Have new front brakes coming.
      79 XS11SF

Comment

Working...
      X