Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never mind about gas tank.

Hey there folks,

I'm looking to MOD my XJ tank to accept the newer style type of recessed gas cap/cover...the kind that is bolted down, flat like modern sport bikes.

After some reviewing, I see that the tank/cap area is totally different, and so I realized that I will need to harvest that area of the tank from a bad/damaged tank, R1 or R6, and then weld it in place of the XJ's gas cap opening! I'll be totally repainting/stripping the tank anyways, so no worries about paint/finish. And I'll be sure to air out the tank completely before TIG welding on it so it won't be able to blow me up!

Now, the hard part, just figuring out what type of paint job/scheme I'm going to be doing. My custom LIZARD/SNAKE skin pattern was a bit difficult, and I think I'll be going for something with bit more POP in the brightness of the ...what else but GREEN that I want to make it. I really like the newer brighter CAMARO and other GM greens that I've seen around. We'll see!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Louann and I Love the Color of our Green Camaro

Synergy Green was originally a special edition color offered on the 6 Cylinder 1LT package of the 2010 MY Camaro; but after some prodding by the fans, GM offered it for a limited time in 2011 MY on any package.

This color is very dramatic in person. People approach us just to remark about it.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Thanks for the photo. I also like how the BLACK makes a nice accent, so redoing the jugs on my engine a nice gloss black may also help things to POP. We'll see!

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
        .... Now, the hard part, just figuring out what type of paint job/scheme I'm going to be doing. My custom LIZARD/SNAKE skin pattern was a bit difficult, .....
        IIRC, wasn't the "hard part" first finding jumbo queen sized fishnet stockings, then getting them off of the woman big enough to be wearing them...

Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
        X